They will lead the Hybrid Cloud Services function of circa 220 people which is focussed on providing a portfolio of hosting products and services to support the transformation of DWP applications, underpinning the delivery of the Department’s services to 22 million customers and over 84,000 employees.
• Provides thought leadership and sets vision and direction for Hybrid Cloud Services product and engineering teams.
• Identifies underlying infrastructure service requirements to support business platform capability.
• Drives the move to a digitally led culture within the function.
• Supports our World Class Support Services operations in complex problem management.
• Creates and maintains portfolio of ICT products/services across Infrastructure Services.
• Ensures all portfolio of services are available for the wider DWP business to consume, with service descriptions, OLA’s, with appropriate contracts in place
with 3rd party providers as required.
• Responsible for the P&L for the portfolio of services across Hybrid Cloud Services.
• Works collaboratively with other functions and teams to deploy and operate our services and systems.
• Develops internal capability and ensures professionalism is continually developed and aligned to DWP strategy, Government standards, industry best practice and policies.
• Ensures continuous evolution and product
development by leveraging technological advances, innovation and best practice and are benchmarked against world class provision and comprehensive strategies and roadmaps are published.
• Collaboration across DWP (and other
Government departments as appropriate)is promoted.
• Responsible and accountable for technical design, engineering and operationsacross
Hybrid Cloud Platforms, developing
consumables for Digital Developer teams.
Responsibilities• Extensive experience of design and engineering techniques to support mission critical data at high availability and secure management.
• Extensive technical understanding of the Cloud platforms to be able to deal with escalations and make judgement calls to support the team.
• Extensive experience in design, delivery and support of Cloud infrastructure services, with real-world experience of delivery into Public and Private sector
• Experience of transitioning cloud native and legacy IT services into cloud and moving IT services between providers.
• Experience of managing multiple disciplinary agile teams consisting of internal teams and 3rd parties.
• Deep grasp of Cloud and Datacentre technology coupled with a background of delivery complex programmes.
• Expert level knowledge and successful track record of design, build and operations of Cloud and Datacentre
technologies in large scale organisations.
• Strong knowledge of DevOps methodologies and tooling that are needed to manage modern estate
• Effective technology transformation background and demonstrable use of Agile practices as part of infrastructure build.
• Ability to work in complex, multi stakeholder environments with credible leadership of change and Technology expertise.
• Effective communication at multiple levels
including business leaders, C-level management and engineers.
• Focus and aptitude for delivering business value, coupled with strategic thinking, robust planning skills and financial management ability.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together