About the job
Further detail is provided on the commands where these roles are likely to be located, this is not exhaustive.
Candidates are asked to express a preference for the profession that they wish to be considered for,
it should be noted that the locations available differ across the professions.
Postings will be based on merit order within the professions, and if a particular post has a fixed location, we will revert to the merit order within the locations.
Serious and organised crime may feel far removed from our everyday lives, but it kills more people
than all other national security threats combined. The NCA sits at the heart of the UK's response.
We tackle those that pose the greatest risk to our safety and security. We operate proactively at the high end of high risk, undertaking investigations to bring offenders to justice. The NCA has a wide remit and we are looking for committed individuals to join us in a Leadership capacity, to provide vital strategic and professional expertise across all departments in the NCA.
Applicants will be considered for Leadership roles across the operational teams in it's broadest sense across the Agency, but we appreciate that candidates will have preferences in terms of the sorts of areas that they would like to lead, and indeed that they may bring qualifications and experience that may make them particularly suitable for some positions.
Please note all roles will require regular travel to London.
We have roles available within the following teams
National Economic Crime Centre (NECC)
These are all leadership roles and whilst many of the responsibilities are similar the job description varies greatly.
Please see the Candidate information pack to gain more information about each of the specific roles available
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
Responsibilities• Lead effectively across the agency as part of a joined up senior team, role modelling the agency’s value and mission
• collaborating with external partners to integrate, coordinate and amplify the UK national response to Serious and organised crime.
• You will lead your teams through being flexible and open in thought and action. You will communicate with transparency, involving your team members in the agency’s transformation journey.
• You will be passionate about diversity and developing people inclusively, strengthening their ability to deliver and enable them to grow in their roles and careers. You will actively coach and engage people, building their resilience through supporting them in their roles and enabling their wellbeing.
• Be threat led and data-driven in decision making, leading and navigating your team members through ambiguity by making evidence and/or values-based decisions to prioritise strategically. You are proactive and ambitious on efficiencies, finding opportunities to remove duplication and standardising and simplifying where possible. Doing so, you will balance financial and people resources to deliver against changing priorities.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working Together
- Changing and Improving
- Delivering at Pace
- Seeing the Big Picture
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- An understanding of serious and organised crime including good understanding of relevant legislation.
All officers in the NCA are members of the UK Civil Service. You will be eligible for:
• Civil Service pension scheme
• 26 days annual leave rising to 31 on completion of 5 years continuous service
• Training and development opportunities
• Cycle2work scheme
We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to Occupational Health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
We can provide flexible working arrangements if the role in question is suitable. These include flexi-time, job sharing and compressed hours (working contracted hours over a shorter period).