The Head of Organisational Development will take the lead in ensuring that we effectively transition from our current operating model towards our desired future model which is based around our three key services. Leading this key project and ensuring we bring colleagues with us through this change will be essential.
You will provide specialist, expert advice to the Director of People Transformation and the Executive Board in the further development of our organisational culture, employee engagement and organisational design and development.
In addition, the role will also oversee all aspects of learning and development (L&D) - including leadership development and essential training for our people – as well as health and wellbeing and internal communications.
• Implementation and embedding of our new operating model
• Developing and embedding strategic OD policies and procedures which are consistent with our values
• Enhancing leadership at every level through development and delivery of high-quality capability programmes and provision of advice and support to people managers
• Development and implementation of plans to nurture and develop talent for future leadership roles
• Implement a formal succession planning framework for critical posts to maintain service continuity and effective leadership
• Develop an overarching engagement strategy that focuses on enabling all colleagues to flourish bringing together the key strands of culture change, communications and health and well- being
• Apply an agile methodology to organisational change and development, remaining adaptable and fluid in approach; encouraging and enabling this approach in your team and the senior leadership team
• Provide senior leadership to the wider Organisational Development team, building capacity and capability, and play a valued role in our organisation wide Corporate Leadership Group and throughout Companies House
• Provide advice and support to Executive Directors and support the Chief Executive to develop the senior leadership team.
• Adding real value to Companies House by leading change from the front and role modelling to the organisation
• Developing a range of measures and identifying metrics to assess culture change and levels of engagement
• Partnering at a senior level across the organisation to engage leaders in our organisational development interventions, bringing them and their teams on the journey of change
• Create an environment that allows people to perform to their highest levels and bring their best selves to work every day via a holistic understanding of what inspires growth and learning in the workforce
• Enhancing our communication channels across all levels of the organisation and aligning employees to our shared values and behaviours
ResponsibilitiesThe successful candidate will be:
• An Organisational Development Professional with experience of designing and leading organisation wide capability programmes and ideally experience of developing and implementing new operating models
• Experienced in developing and implementing culture change and engagement programmes
• Experienced in working at a Senior level with an ability to influence key decision makers
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- MCIPD or equivalent is essential
- Preferably a relevant Organisational Design/ Development qualification