About the job
To deliver against the Defence purpose and strategic objectives, we need the right mix of capable and motivated people that appropriately represent the breath of the society we exist to defend, now and in the future. In support of this vision, Joint Force Command reflects a whole force approach, bringing together military, civilians and contractors to deliver key outputs and enhance our strategic capabilities. To drive the development of an empowered, productive and fulfilled workforce, the Joint Forces Command People Strategy was launched in 2019. An ambitious set of strategic objectives include a commitment to building leadership and management capability, shaping and delivering a sustainable, agile organisation for the future and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce.
The Head of People and Change Programme Management will project manage the delivery of the Strategy, drawing together a robust, realistic yet ambitious delivery plan, an agreed set of success indicators and benefit metrics and associated risk and performance measures. They will lead the programme of work to ensure that we deliver on our commitments on time and lead the engagement across interdependent and enabling functions.
A member of the Joint Force Command Strategic Workforce Team, this vibrant and challenging role is key to the organisation that is transforming the way in which it delivers HR in a demanding and diverse environment.
Key responsibilities include:
• Developing a robust programme plan for the JFC People Strategy with agreed milestones, interdependencies, enablers, risk and performance management functions and a robust set of benefit metrics against which delivery will be tracked
• Developing a governance framework through which to track the delivery of the JFC People Strategy
• Leading the development of a holistic set of change programmes with key workforce dependencies across the Command, providing expert advice to the business on managing associated risk and developing appropriate mitigations
• Providing expert partnering to the business on the delivery of large scale workforce change programmes
• Providing strategic updates on the People Strategy and key underpinning workforce risks both at Command an HR Functional level at the JFC Risk Review Board and People Sub-Committee.
• Acting as the business continuity lead across the Strategic Workforce Team portfolio
This role reports directly to the Deputy Director HR, Joint Forces Command.
What we are looking for
The successful candidates should possess drive, strong inter-personal skills, the ability to build positive and productive relationships and be willing to embrace change and a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency delivery. Strong advocates of leadership at all levels, the successful candidates will act as role models in leadership across Joint Force Command, measured by the Civil Service Leadership principles of:
• Inspiring about our work and its future
• Confident in our engagement
• Empowering our teams to deliver
Specific experience and achievements should include:
• Professional HR or Project Delivery qualification or a willingness to study towards a qualification if not already held
Please take time to read the attached Candidate pack for further information about this role and the recruitment process.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace