Big Issue Invest (BII) is the social investment arm of The Big Issue and a key player in social investment in UK. Set up in 2005, it is founded by social entrepreneurs for social entrepreneurs. We have an ambitious mission: to eradicate poverty in the UK by creating opportunity. We do this by investing in social enterprises and charities across the UK and BII currently has investments in over 250 social sector organisations.
Position: Head of Social Impact
Location: Finsbury Park, London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000 per annum
About the role:
We are now looking to recruit a full time Head of Social Impact Manager to support the Senior Management Team in the delivery of BII’s social impact strategy and goals.
The Head of Social Impact has responsibility for social performance reporting and will lead on all aspects relating to social impact. This includes developing and implementing frameworks for assessing social impact of potential investments, automating reporting processes adopting best practice and interacting with key stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written skills and the ability to synthesise and summarise quantitative and qualitative data in a structured and consistent way
- Ability to create powerful narratives that present social impact in a simple manner
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including experience with database development and data analysis
- A clear understanding of the importance of data quality and management and its importance to analysis and assessment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; with excellent influencing and inter-personal skills coupled with the ambition and resilience to join a small but growing team in a high profile, entrepreneurial company
- A positive, flexible approach, able to adapt to different situations with ease, from working with grass roots social enterprises to representing Big Issue Invest in government meetings
- Proven interest or knowledge of social enterprise and social investment
In addition you may also have:
- Familiarity with impact assessment methodologies and latest developments in the impact measurement field as it relates to social investment
- First-hand experience of social enterprise or non-profit organisations
While this is a full-time role we can offer flexible working hours and mobile working as standard and may be able to offer condensed working days (e.g. a 4-day working week) to the right candidate. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are underrepresented in our sector, such as women in senior roles such as this, disabled people and individuals from Black and Minority ethnic communities
BII also offers a salary commensurate with the social impact investment sector, training and development opportunities, holiday entitlement, life cover and a healthcare scheme and the exciting opportunity to be part the growing social impact investment sector
Please note that we can only accept applications from those who already have the right to work in the UK.
You may have experience of the following: Head of Social Impact, Social Impact Coordinator, Data Analysis, Data Analyst, Social Impact Consultant, Strategy, Head of Strategy, Social Innovation, Social Enterprise, Key Stakeholders, Key Relationships, Social Investment, Non Profit Organisation, Not for Profit, Charity, NFP, Third Sector, etc.