The Head of Strategic Workforce Planning, Organisational Design and Data will lead the rapid development of capability in these three strategic areas, supporting our business to deliver optimum design, determine the most appropriate workforce to achieve the highest levels of productivity, fulfilment and capability and drive the use of workforce analytics across the Command to optimise the use of our people. To do this the role holder must work across the Command, the wider department and engage proactively with wider communities to draw on best practice and support the development of a strategic workforce planning centre of excellence.
A senior member of the UK Strategic Command People Team, this vibrant and challenging role is key to the organisation that is transforming the way in which it delivers HR in a demanding and diverse environment.
This position is advertised at 37 hours per week.
• Leading Command level strategic workforce planning, working closely alongside the wider team to drive connectivity with succession planning, learning and development and employee engagement in alignment with the Command Plan, using organisation development approaches to support the transformation of the business, enabling the skills its needs now and in the future.
• Working with senior leaders across the Command to proactively lead, plan, advise and support workforce design and configuration changes as required.
• Driving key people analysis (including workforce financial planning data as part of the Annual Budgeting Cycle process) to support Executive and Board level decisions on the people agenda and drive the development and implementation of a range of HR initiatives as a result; contributing to long term organisational goals (people and business development).
• Building capability in strategic workforce planning, organisation design and workforce analytics across the Command and the wider HR Function in conjunction with Civilian and Military HR colleagues.
• Providing strategic HR advice on the opportunities that investment and developing technologies present in the context of our transformation programme, ensuring connectivity to the strategic workforce planning agenda both within the Command and across the department.
• Being an active participant as a leader in the HR functional leadership agenda, including as a member of the cross government strategic workforce planning network and OD practitioner’s group, a key partner in the development and delivery of the MoD strategic workforce planning centre of excellence and a member of the MoD workforce analytics cadre.
• Providing senior leadership support in the development of a sustainable and influential people function, partnering at Board and Executive Committee level and with (sizeable) subordinate organisations that make up the Command.
• Leadership of a civilian and military team of 10. This role reports to Deputy Director HR, UK Strategic Command.
ResponsibilitiesThe successful candidates should possess drive, strong inter-personal skills, the ability to build positive and productive relationships and be willing to embrace change and a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency delivery. Strong advocates of leadership at all levels, the successful candidates will act as role models in leadership across UK Strategic Command, measured by the Civil Service Leadership principles of:
• Inspiring about our work and its future
• Confident in our engagement
• Empowering our teams to deliver
Specific experience and achievements should include:
• Professional HR or OD qualification or a willingness to study towards an HR qualification if not already held.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
- Changing and Improving
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension
• Professional and Personal Development of skills
• Flexi-time scheme
• Alternative working practices
• 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
• In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday
• Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
• Highly competitive pension scheme
This post does not offer any assistance with relocation allowances.
Posts based in London will attract the relevant London weighting.
Please be advised that the Department is conducting a review of all pay related allowances which could impact on those allowances that the post currently being advertised attracts.