Gatwick, GB, RH6 0PA
Pets are our passion, safety is our promise and progress is our pledge. We work smarter, not harder. As a result, we’re widely known as a ‘Best Place to Work’. We make some of the world's most popular and trusted food brands and are committed to advancing the science, health and food products for pets.
Head of Veterinary Sales
Salary up to £70,000 depending on experience + 17% car allowance + Bonus + Excellent benefits
This is a full-time permanent opportunity, but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to use during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like.
As Head of Veterinary Sales, your role will be to lead the Purina UK Vet channel team to deliver significant share/sales growth within both channels.
You should achieve this through the development of existing commercial partnerships and the acquisition of new partners.
This role will involve management of sales, technical and marketing functions within the channel. You’ll also be responsible for promoting the Vet Channel to internal stakeholders and representing the Northern region within the EMENA Veterinary Leadership Team.
A day in the life of...
As an active member of the UK Specialist Leadership Team, below are some key responsibilities of the Head of Veterinary Sales role:
- To deliver share growth for Purina within the vet channel, and lead the IVC project roll out at the same time increase the number of veterinary advocates (vet and nurse) for the PRO PLAN brands.
- Continue to evolve the strategy for our Vet business, leveraging new technologies and market entrants where appropriate.
- To represent the Northern Region within the EMENA Veterinary Leadership Team. To be an active member of this decision-making unit, contributing to the overall EMENA vet channel strategy.
- Work with internal cross functional teams to ensure an aligned approach to channel: Board, Communications, Marketing, Supply Chain, MDO, and Specialist Sales.
- To be the senior point of contact for commercial partnerships within the channel, and to build and maintain relationships at board and senior leadership level within these customers/partners. To develop senior contacts within all corporate vet groups to ensure that Purina are participants in all nutrition tender negotiations. To lead all new corporate tender submissions.
- Support the Vet Business Manager to plan and build joint business plans for corporate vet customers, charity partners and vet wholesalers.
- Support the Vet & Technical Affairs Manager to build a winning plan with veterinary key opinion leaders. Support the V&TAM to deliver the plan to grow reputation and trust with veterinary professionals.
A highly commercial, passionate candidate with a love of pets!
We’re looking to appoint someone who has experience of managing field teams in an indirect advocacy model, either Veterinary or Retail.
Must have a good understanding of the UK Veterinary Market - key players, market dynamics, external challenges and opportunities.
Must understand the role of vet in brand recommendation and trust, and the challenges and opportunities in unlocking this recommendation.
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role 22nd September 2020
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Nestlé is 308,000 employees strong and are driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. With more than CHF 91.4 billion sales in 2018, we have an expansive presence with 413 factories in more than 85 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we'll offer you a dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development. Want to learn more? Visit us at www.nestle.com.
Ready to take the next step?