Your primary role will be to:
• Establish and deliver an ambitious Air Portfolio organisation and P3M framework cohering all Programme and Project activity across HQ Air Command.
• As the senior Project Delivery (PD) professional across the RAF, you will be responsible for the creation and sustainment of a world class capability establishing an effective enterprise PfO function responsible for the assurance of PD activity across a large and complex portfolio.
• Engage with all elements of the HQ Air Command Senior Leadership Team (SLT), other Top Level Budget PfOs across defence and senior Head Office leaders; specifically, in relation to the emerging Defence Transformation programme.
• Deliver a PfO strategy, structure and processes to support the Chief of the Air Staff’s vison and objectives set out in the RAF Strategy and RAF Command Plan.
Responsibilities• Design a HQ Air Portfolio Blueprint to deliver the HQ Air integrated PfO vision.
• Establish and operate a fully integrated Strategic PfO independent from delivery of programmes, projects and financial planning through maintenance of a pan-Air TLB portfolio of programmes and establishment of an operating model that includes a range of sub-portfolios.
• Establish and lead a high performing and empowered Strategic PfO team of P3M specialists to deliver the full range of functions.
• Carry out a baseline assessment of the combined Air PfO and rationalise the profile of programmes and projects. Deliver regular reviews of PfO scope to ensure all programmes and projects are current and delivering to approved mandates and strategic objectives.
• Establish an effective assurance and performance reporting mechanism to provide ACAS (Plans) and the RAF SLT with accurate, relevant and timely performance insights and data.
• Establish a comprehensive benefits framework with associated measure of effect to monitor and report on the benefits realisation of component PfO elements.
• Actively manage the risks associated with PfO delivery and oversee mitigation actions as required.
• Develop and maintain a strong network of internal and external stakeholders to ensure best practice and SME expertise is available to support successful PfO delivery.
• Ensure the latest P3M tools and techniques are incorporated into a highly effective P3M Centre of Excellence able to support individual PfO Pg and Projs.
• Ensure coherence of HQ Air Command change management activity.
• Provide business intelligence and management information to relevant governance bodies to support strategic decision-making.
For further information, please refer to the Candidate Information Pack below.