It’s a really exciting time to be thinking about joining us. We are currently in the middle of a multi-million-pound transformation programme to create a more modern Inspectorate. We want our colleagues to be able to work more flexibly and more collaboratively, exploring new and innovative ways to improve the way we provide services. We are investing heavily in technology and, as well as developing our model to be more customer centric, we are also modernising our systems to introduce increased automation and efficiency.
On a daily basis you will support strategic delivery by providing expert technical support and advice to senior leaders and be proactive in driving forward plans and initiatives, whilst ensuring we have the right governance, and processes in place.
For full information, please refer to job description within the candidate pack attached.
• National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health qualified or willingness to study.
• Experience of facilitating culture change in a complex organisation.
• Experience of working in a senior role in Health and Safety in an office environment.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in order to explain health and safety processes to a range of people and to give presentations to groups.
• Problem-solving ability.
The ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately
• Attention to detail.
• An interest in the law and the ability to understand and apply regulations.
• Pro-active approach to improving Health and Safety and wellbeing policies.
• CIPD qualified to level 5 or equivalent or a willingness to study towards this qualification.
• Experience of working in a similar role in an office and remote working environment.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Making Effective Decisions
- Managing a Quality Service