Health and Safety Manager
You will join the organisation as a Health & Safety Manager to further develop our internal H&S risk management capability, embedding a culture of excellent H&S practice and continuous improvement.
You’ll be an experienced Health and Safety Manager and will manage, develop and monitor Health and safety throughout the charity. As the in-house H&S Officer and the appointed competent person (with reference to the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999) you’ll possess up to date knowledge of health and safety legislation and our legal and statutory responsibilities.
Most important of all is a passion for your work and for our fight for young lives against cancer.
Health and Safety Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing and assisting on all elements of operational H&S and fire safety.
- Managing the delivery of H&S improvement plans and monitoring and reporting progress.
- Developing suitable H&S reporting and maintaining, cascading and reporting H&S statistics and performance indicators.
- Reviewing and writing H&S policies, management standards and guidance documents
- Advising on and undertaking a variety of risk assessments across the organisation.
- Developing H&S training plans and design, delivery and budgeting of H&S training.
- Organising and supporting the effective H&S governance across the organisation.
Health and Safety Manager Requirements:
We are looking for a H&S Manager (NEBOSH or similar) who is able to demonstrate:
- Experience of a similar H&S role - working in a multi-site, busy and varied role.
- Effective management of a programme of work and strong time management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of HASW act and compliance.
- A sound understanding of H&S reporting and programme management practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build solid working relationships across the organisation and tailor style to needs of audience
- Willingness to both provide H&S advice and deliver the necessary changes and improvements.
About CLIC Sargent:
Today, 12 children and young people in the UK hear the shocking news they have cancer. CLIC Sargent is the UK’s leading cancer charity for children and young people, and their families, and provides them with clinical, practical, emotional and financial support. You can be a part of helping them cope with cancer and get the most out of life.
We are always looking for talented people from all backgrounds, to join us and help improve the lives of children and young people with cancer and their families. We particularly want to encourage people from under-represented groups to step forward and apply to work or volunteer with CLIC Sargent.
CLIC Sargent is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This post may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Location: Bristol, Avon BS1 2NT
Job type: Part Time, Permanent; 21 hours per week
Salary: £35,202 FTE
Benefits: In return for your commitment, we offer a great reward package, which includes generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working, pension scheme and season ticket loan.
Closing Date: 17 November 2019
Interview Date: 26 November 2019
You may have experience of the following: Health and Safety Consultant, Health and Safety Manager, H&S Manager, Health and Safety Officer, H&S Officer, H&S Consultant, Occupational Health & Safety, Risk Manager, Risk Management, NEBOSH, IOSH, etc.
7 months ago
Health and Safety Manager