About the job
The Health Policy Fast Track Scheme provides an exciting opportunity to develop an understanding of the political environment and gain hands-on experience of how health and social care policy is developed and delivered by Government, in an unprecedented time. Working with front-line services, think tanks, academia and stakeholder organisations you’ll build the skills needed to become a top-class policy professional and health care leader, developing and delivering high quality, evidence-based policies. You’ll develop a rewarding career that makes a real impact on people’s lives.
Scheme participants receive a comprehensive development and support package including; a senior leader as mentor and a fully supported MSc in Health Policy (delivered by the Imperial College). By the end of the Scheme, we expect participants to compete for leadership roles in the £48,086 to £51,801 bracket.
ResponsibilitiesWhat we are looking for
We believe the best policy professionals come from all walks of life .We want people who have a real passion for making improvements across the health and social care area.
You will need to be:
• A good communicator, and be comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and change.
• An innovative leader and somebody who looks for opportunities to do things differently, while anticipating economic, social and technological opportunities and risks.
• Someone who enjoys collaborating with others and have good influencing skills. Able to build collaborative relationships that balance challenge with support, and develop trust and mutual respect across the wider health care system.
• Use sound judgment and evidence to make effective decisions.
• Able to manage in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
• Someone with at least a 2.1 degree, in any subject. Current Civil Servants, who have served their probation period can apply without a degree.
Please take time to read the attached Candidate pack for further information about this role and the recruitment process.
All OGD's please select yes to this question to prevent your application being rejected on eligibility.