Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist
Are you a Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist with Mental Health Service experience of Band 7 to 8a? Do you like the idea of working for a leading specialist service with providing NHS funded intensive mental health packages and residential placements for complex young people?
Care In Mind have an exciting opportunity based in West Yorkshire for a Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist. You will join our team of 6 Clinical Psychologists and will have considerable autonomy to shape and develop your role providing direct clinical input, supervision, consultation, teaching and clinical leadership within a multidisciplinary setting.
Full time or part time hours will be considered
The closing date for this position is Sunday 19th April so please ensure you apply before this date.
What’s on offer:
- £37,570 - £43,772 or £44,606 - £50,819 (Band 7 Preceptership / 8a Salary - Dependant on experience)
- 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (Rising to 31 days + 8 bank holidays with service)
- Enhanced Superior company pension
- Paid Induction (Running over 7 days)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Free on-site parking
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme / 24-hour Counselling Service
- Online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
- Excellent Learning, Development & CPD opportunities (Schema therapy etc)
- The opportunity for internal promotions & progression
- Refer a Friend Scheme (Up to £500 per referral)
- Regular social events and recognition schemes (‘Employee of the year awards’, Summer & Christmas parties)
As a Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist you will:
- Provide clinical psychological assessment and treatment to young people with severe and enduring mental health disorders.
- Work within and contribute to the therapeutic service model.
- Provide specialist support, guidance and consultation on young people’s psychological care to non-psychologist colleagues and to other, non-professional carers.
- Work closely within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Work autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the service policies and procedures.
- Utilise research skills for audit, teaching, policy and service development.
As a Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist, you will have (As a minimum):
- Doctoral level training in clinical psychology, including two or more distinct psychological therapies.
- Current registration with HCPC
- Minimum of twelve months post qualification experience
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of clients across the full range of care settings, including at least six months clinical experience working in child and adolescent mental health.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups
- Knowledge of whole life span development and the impact on emotional, psychological and mental well-being.
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of at least one evidence based psychological therapy relevant to the treatment of adolescents with complex problems and their families.
- Additional specialist knowledge or training in psychological therapies including models i.e., CAT, CBT, ST
- Experience working in an inpatient mental health setting.
- Experience of service quality monitoring e.g. clinical audit, evaluative research, etc.
- Experience of teaching, training and/or offering supervision
- Experience of working in a community based mental health setting
If you are interested in joining an enthusiastic, motivated business who thrive in multi-disciplinary environments, working with young people with complex difficulties then please get in touch today.
Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
You may have experience of the following: Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist, Clinical Psychology, Psychologist, Third Sector, NFP, Charity, etc.
£37,570 - £43,772 or £44,606 - £50,819 (Band 7 Preceptership / 8a Salary - Dependant on experience)
16 days ago
Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist