Homelessness Prevention & Advice Officer
Temporary - (Experienced Required)
£20.00 -£25.00 per hour
* Interviewing applicants
* Demonstrating good telephone manner / skills as all interviews are conducted by telephone at present
* Participate in a rota of regular telephone appointments
* Dealing with homeless emergencies
* Delivering general housing advice, responding to emails and referrals
* Assessing homeless applications under prevention and relief duties and developing personal housing plans
* Assessment and investigation, reaching s184 decisions with confidence, particularly around vulnerability
* Work under own initiative and be very confident in dealing with applications and reaching decisions - able to be both office based (observing social distancing) and work from home as required
All of the above skills/experience are essential.
* Training will be provided on processes, ICT and local housing options to enable the candidate to get up to speed quickly in the role.
Angel Human Resources is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.