The people who use our services tell us we’ve changed their lives. Our employees tell us they’re supported, enthusiastic and have opportunities to develop meaningful careers. We’re looking for someone great to join our team.
As well as keeping the building clean and tidy you may also be asked to make cleaning equipment and materials available to residents to enable them to look after their laundry and living space. It can be pretty challenging at times but working as part of our support team, your support will definitely make the difference.
You can also look forward to a benefits package that includes an employer contributory pension and generous holiday allowance.
This is a temporary post for a minimum of six months.
As a member of the staff team the Housekeeping Assistant’s role is to help ensure that the service user’s life is made as pleasant as possible, through ensuring that all parts of the unit are kept in a clean and hygienic state.
- To ensure the level of cleanliness throughout the property complies with CrossReach standards.
- To assist other staff members in all aspects of housekeeping, as directed by senior staff.
- To work at times as directed by a senior member of staff, or on a rota system.
- To assist service users in maintaining their personal space within the unit, as directed by a senior member of staff, and in accordance with the service user’s personal plans.
- To assist new staff in acquiring knowledge and skills related to housekeeping tasks.
- To attend and participate in staff meetings.
- To participate in staff training.
- To undertake appropriate Health & Safety training.
- To participate in the evaluation of standards within the service.
- To ensure that the housekeeping tasks are completed satisfactorily and in a manner which complies with CrossReach’s standards.
- Be aware of issues in relation to control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH)
- The post holder will be expected to undertake other relevant and reasonable duties as required by senior management.
Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
Skills and Abilities
The postholder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet.