Are looking for a role that will allow you to develop your HR skills whilst working two days a week (allowing you to focus on a busy personal life)?
Would you describe yourself as a motivated self-starter with excellent communication skills?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
Please note, whilst we are currently working from home, when we return to the office there will be a requirement for regular travel within the UK with the possibility of some overnight stays.
ResponsibilitiesDuties include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining continuous professional competence on MCA policy and procedure to provide high quality and efficient HR.
- Provide advice to MCA managers and employees (including management of volunteers) within agreed SLA's.
- Work in partnership with Talent & Development to upskill managers on people processes including delivery of training interventions such as Managers Toolkit sessions, MCA Induction, delivery of bespoke and targeted management training.
- Delivering a proactive service to managers to support informal interventions for example on probation, attendance management, dispute resolution and conduct issues.
- Supporting the HR Manager (HR Services) with the liaison and management of the HR Occupational Health and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) contract, including arranging meetings, monitoring and managing the HR Issues Log, collating MI, assisting with the publication of communications and updates to the business, dealing with queries and customer complaints.
Full details of this exciting opportunity can be found on the attached job description.
A self starter, you will bring excellent organisational skills and your ability to prioritise a busy workload. You take great pride in your work and your attention to detail is second to none. You get a real sense of achievement seeing your work through to completion. You will be flexible, confidently responding to changing priorities.
With your confident communication skills, you have no problem in varying circumstances and can tailor your tone and language to your audience. As a natural networker you enjoy liaising with stakeholders of all levels and can express yourself in a confident and concise manner.
Coming from a HR background you will utilise your already excellent skill set, if you don’t already have a CIPD we would only love to help you achieve this and would like you to have the drive and determination to do so.
The Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) implements the government's maritime safety policy in the United Kingdom and works to prevent the loss of life and occurrence of pollution on the coast and at sea.
Safer lives, Safer ships, Cleaner seas.
Our vision is to be the best maritime safety organisation in the world.
Find out what it's like to work at the Maritime and Coastguard Agency
We are part of the Department for Transport (DfT). DfT is a great place to work, and our ‘one team’ approach really makes a difference. We value our staff and that’s why we’re committed to nurturing an inclusive environment across the Department.
You’ll be part of an innovative organisation that invests in all our people, ensuring we have the diverse skills to deliver transport that moves Britain ahead now and into the future.
DfT’s inclusion is recognition of our commitment to make the Department a great place to work through our culture of equality and inclusivity and the great strides we’ve made to raise the number of women in senior positions.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
- Working Together