The Department for International Trade’s Trade Policy Group provides the capability to deliver an independent trade policy for the UK, which includes focusing on leading the cross Whitehall effort to ensure a coherent trade policy; delivering a full range of trade negotiations with the ‘Rest of the World’, leading on all bilateral trade relations, export licensing and the cross-Government Trade Profession.
This role has significant visibility within the HR team as well as in TPG to deliver a responsive, customer-centred HR offer. DIT is an international department and there are opportunities to develop International HR knowledge and experience as well as supporting the development of global solutions.
The HRBP team is a high-performing team with a variety of experiences and diversity of approaches working across the department.
HR Business Partners are trusted advisers for a number of Senior Leaders at Director and Deputy Director level to enable the deliver of their objectives through their people priorities, which can include:
• Organisational change,
• Planning the current and future size and shape of the workforce against workplans,
• Building capability and supporting employees to perform at their best,
• Advising on creating a diverse and inclusive organisation,
• Promoting staff wellbeing and supporting initiatives to promote wellbeing in the organisation, and
• Providing strategic HR advice to business strategy and plans, diagnosing and advising on people implications and risks.
HR Business Partners also work with colleagues across HR to support the delivery of HR priorities by providing business insight into HR strategy and plans, helping to adapt the work programme for the HR function as the departments context, needs and priorities shift.
As well as working closely with customers, HR Business Partners work closely with other teams in HR, Finance and other Corporate Service teams to be successful in the roles.
• Experience of working in HR in any role,
• Experience of partnering or influencing senior members of leadership teams and working effectively with senior leaders,
• Team player that can share experiences and approaches that can deliver improvements and challenge the status quo, and
• CIPD qualified or willing to work towards this.
• Previous HR Business Partnering experience,
• Experience of using HR initiatives to support change programmes.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Making Effective Decisions
- Managing a Quality Service