HR Business Partner (Factory)
Fawdon, NU, GB, NE3 3TR
Fixed Term Contract – 12 months
Starting salary £30,000 (there may be some flexibility depending on experience) + Potential Bonus + Excellent Benefits
We have a fantastic part time opportunity for a talented individual to join our Factory in Fawdon as a HR Business Partner. This is an exciting role, where you will work closely with all areas of our factory providing best in class HR support, guidance and governance.
Love Fruit Pastilles, Rolos, Toffee Crisps or Munchies? This is your opportunity to play a key role in the factory responsible for manufacturing these iconic brands. Fawdon employs around 500 people and produces over 30,000 tonnes of confectionery a year. It is also home to some rather clever science – an anaerobic digester that turns sweet waste not suitable for consumption into a clean green power.
This role offers a real opportunity to partner managers as their trusted Business Partner from day one, providing HR support, coaching and development in order to empower managers to provide a high-level service. This role will provide the flexibility and autonomy of getting to the heart of people issues & working to develop fit for purpose solutions with a continuous improvement mentality.
You will be responsible for:
• Be a key point of contact for any employee relations issues that arise supporting the site to ensure the appropriate resolution it achieved in a timely manner.
• Ensure our performance and talent management activities are understood, embedded and delivered, supporting our people and the factory to deliver against the business’s goals.
• Be a key driver in upskilling our line managers’ capability specifically around our people’s development enabling everybody to be the very best that they can be.
• Work as part of cross functional team to develop our HR practices and processes
• Develop capability across the factory ensuring our people understand the HR model we work within and are able to efficiently access the solutions they need with ease.
• Support the successful execution of the HR strategy across the factory site.
What will make you successful
You will have some operational HR Business Partner experience and have the ability to partner with the factory management team with strong influencing, communication, networking and analytical skills. Supporting the leaders in engaging and enabling their teams to improve performance.
You will also:
• Have Operational HR experience across the core HR processes (performance management, talent management, recruitment & resourcing, employee relations, organisational change)
• Be able to analyse and translate HR data
• Have working knowledge of UK Employment Legislation
• Experience of case management and exposure
• Ideally have worked in a manufacturing or other ‘blue collar’ environment
• Have worked with and built excellent relationships with Trader Union partners
What you need to know
What can we offer in return?
Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 14th April 2021.
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. The successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their right to work status for the UK during the recruitment process. We have assessed this role and it could be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and you are unable to gain this independently, we may be able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in line with the Home office guidelines. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route and understand the immigration fees that you would be responsible for when making a visa application. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!