About the job
Specifically the individual will work with the Customer Compliance senior team to further develop work underway on the Target Operating Model (TOM) and culture required to deliver on the TOM and business model.
The role will also be accountable for enabling the operational business to increase the organisational capacity for change and specifically the total impact of change on Customer Compliance’s teams (c. 25,000 people).
A key feature of the role is to provide oversight for the implementation of all people--related change projects that are Civil Service or HMRC wide.
A critical aspect of the organisational development strategy will be to develop an approach that has a material impact on engagement and the employee experience, inclusivity (with specific reference to diversity and bullying, harassment and discrimination), talent and health and wellbeing.
• Design an organisational development strategy that is aligned to HMRC priorities, the Customer Compliance Target Operating Model, the HMRC People Strategy and the CCG People Plan.
• Timely and successful implementation of the OD strategy
• Working with strategy and transformation colleagues, develop a people impacted change plan
• Oversee the implementation of Civil Service and HMRC led people change in Customer Compliance
• Working in partnership with key stakeholders develop and implement an approach that creates tangible improvements with employee experience, engagement, inclusion, diversity, bullying, harassment and
discrimination, health and wellbeing and talent.
• Work in partnership with the HRD for Workforce Strategy to ensure that the Organisational Development Strategy and the Workforce Strategy are aligned in CCG
• Team leadership and a critical member of senior leadership teams
• Ownership of the relationship with key stakeholders including business leaders, Central HR, networks, strategy and transformation teams.
As a senior leader, you will play a key role in leadership, facilitating change and enhancing the employee experience.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
Experience of visible business facing leadership to support long term strategies and a proven ability to develop an empowered, engaged, inclusive and confident high performing team
• Strategic mind-set
Experience of formulating, leading and implementing strategies, policies and programmes which cross service or professional boundaries. The ability to be future focused, to take into account a complex landscape with multiple variables and translate into a practical delivery plan.
• Communicating and influencing
The ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders at senior level, strong collaboration and influencing skills to build an effective network of key stakeholders quickly. Excellent communication skills to engage confidently in a wide range of situations.
• Changing and improving
Proven experience of implementing and delivering large-scale organisational and cultural change.
• Strong delivery ethos
Strong planning and project management skills with the ability to articulate a delivery plan, galvanise teams and stakeholders around a plan and deliver according to performance and quality metrics.
• Specialist knowledge and experience
Experience in an organisational development role in a large or complex environment with tangible evidence of experience that has shaped and facilitated cultural change at an organisational level.
Other HR portfolios including but not limited to talent, diversity, HR business partnering, capability, engagement.
• Academic/Professional Qualifications
CIPD qualified or working towards CIPD qualification and/or an OD qualification