This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Officer/HR Manager to join a privately owned heritage brand with 60 employees. A newly created ‘hands on’ role you will oversee all aspects of human resources, working closely with the MD to formulate and shape the HR strategy for the company. A key member of the senior management team, you will need to demonstrate you are a people orientated individual, with a passion for what you do and what you can bring to this position. A knowledge of the fashion sector would be an added bonus!
In return this opportunity offers flexible working on reduced hours (ie. 22perweek)
HR Manager – Job Outline
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Review current Processes, Company Handbook, JD formats, Appraisal
- Handle employment relations ie. grievances and employee welfare.
- Lead the recruitment process
- Collaborate with Senior Managers to ensure the smooth running of the company from a people perspective and report back to MD.
- Oversee staff attendance, absence and holiday - providing monthly HR reports to MD.
- Administration of employee-related paperwork
- Lead new starter company inductions.
- To manage and identify talent and succession plans
- Oversee training and development
- Administer financial elements ie. payroll, compensation and benefits, and pension schemes in conjunction with finance.
- Work with all to establish a work life balance as the ‘new normal’ and ensure there is a real focus on mental wellbeing for all.
HR Manager – The Person Specification
- Proven working experience as HR Officer / Manager with business awareness and management skills.
- CIPD Qualified (ideal level 5) or related field.
- Highly proficient IT and numerically minded
- Innate organisational and planning skills.
- Experience to translate and explain employment law as and when required.
- Professional with integrity and approachability
- Curiosity and a willingness to challenge organisational culture where necessary.
- Teamworking and collaborative approach
- The ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and to prioritise workload.
- Potential to handle a leadership role.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Proactive and the ability to architect & deliver HR strategy