Role: HR Policy Manager
Location: Dunstable, Bedfordshire. We are currently working remotely like most but do support flexiable and remote working
Employment Type: Permanent
As part of HR Function, the HR Policy Manager will lead the development and implementation of HR Policies across the Whitbread business, ensuring that policies adhere to legislation and corporate governance. You will also shape and establish appropriate communication channels for Employee Relations, ensuring clear and accessible policy information at all levels.
What you will be doing:
- Establish a policy framework for governance and updating of core Whitbread policies which are both UK & International
- Assess the effectiveness of people policies and employment documents
- Maintain a strong external view of Employee Relations and Engagement through research and networking, with the aim to provide thought leadership needed to guide the organisation to effective solutions.
- Lead the development and implementation of HR policies, including HR policy whilst reflecting Whitbread values and supporting our business goals
- Partner with key stakeholders and third parties as appropriate who provide services critical to HR
- To develop, maintain and communicate key policies, which demonstrate a practical understanding of how all people management practices work within the organisation.
- Ensure that all policy developments are delivered on time
- Create an overall policy framework and give a general direction which can implement in each of our HR disciplines
- Work with and support the Head of HR for Central Functions as well as the HR Leadership team
As a leading British business of more than 275 years standing, we have experienced turbulent times before and adapted and evolved to remain one of the hospitality sector’s most successful companies. Built on such robust foundations, our expertise has meant we responded decisively throughout this year with our teams, guests and the continuity of our business at the heart of every decision we made. We acted quickly, to ensure we were prepared for the future, whatever it may hold.
What continues to set us apart are our excellent products and people. We have much loved brands such as Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Bar + Block alongside exciting up and coming propositions such as Cookhouse & Pub. And in Premier Inn, we have the UK’s favourite budget hotel chain, currently outperforming the market and ambitious for more as we execute our plans in both the UK and Germany. At Whitbread, we remain true to our values and put our people at the centre of everything we do.
Why we’d love you to apply:
- A strong background within HR & ER, with an application of UK Employment Law
- Solid understanding and awareness of HR policies and procedures
- Outstanding communication, reporting and writing skills with the ability to turn complex topics and simplify for the relevant audience
- Ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders as well as providing advice on Employment Relation issues
- Experience in managing key ER and HR change related projects
- Effectively challenge individuals and understand their impacts
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage multi projects
In return, we will offer you:
- A Market competitive salary
- Car or Car Allowance option
- Up to 30% annual bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work