Would you like the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised qualification whilst undertaking an engaging role, so you can earn whilst you learn?
Do you have the ambition and drive to apply your learning in a real business context, so you can continue to develop and work towards your career goals?
We have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to join the Human Resources Operations Team and undertake a Level 3 HR Support apprenticeship, and we would love to hear for you!
The Planning Inspectorate
The Planning Inspectorate has a long and proud history in ensuring a fair planning system. The work we do has a significant impact on people’s lives, the communities that they live in and the economy; whether that is considering an appeal for housing, providing challenge and support to Local Authorities on Local Plans or providing recommendations to the Secretary of State on power stations, or airport expansions such as Heathrow.
It’s a really exciting time to be thinking about joining us. We are currently in the middle of a multi-million-pound transformation programme to create a more modern Inspectorate. We want our colleagues to be able to work more flexibly and more collaboratively, exploring new and innovative ways to improve the way we provide services. We are investing heavily in technology and, as well as developing our model to be more customer centric, we are also modernising our systems to introduce increased automation and efficiency.
You will be handling day to day queries, working on a range of HR processes from recruitment through to retirement, specifically relating to terms and conditions of employment and pay. You will use HR systems and Excel to ensure our data is up to date and accurate. All while being supported to study for your Level 3 apprenticeship.
If you are a pro-active, adaptable, customer minded with a passion for launching your HR career, then we want to hear from you!
An apprenticeship is an exciting opportunity to ‘earn whilst you learn’ by combining theoretical learning with practical ‘on-the-job’ experience; allowing you to work towards a nationally recognised qualification, whilst building skills in your daily role and earning a salary. An apprenticeship also allows you to secure a qualification with no tuition / student fees as the programme is fully funded by the department.
You will spend 20% of your contracted working hours dedicated to your apprenticeship and will be surrounded by a supportive network. You will be allocated a buddy who will have regular conversations with you to ensure your learning is supported and you are on track to successfully complete your apprenticeship. You will be mentored by individuals across the wider HR team to help with your learning experience across a diverse range of subjects as you progress through your apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will provide you with new skills to apply to your job role, ensuring you are continuously learning, in a stretching but supportive environment.
Further information about the HR Support Apprenticeship is available:
Apprenticeship standards: www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/hr-support/
Arch apprenticeships: www.avadolearning.com/academies/people/hr-ld-apprenticeships/support/
For full information, please refer to job description within the candidate pack attached.
• Level 2 in English and Maths (equivalent to Grade C and above at GCSE)
• Motivation to work towards Level 3 apprenticeship and start a career in HR
• Awareness of the importance of protecting personal data
• Robust IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Office
• Solid organisational skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to multitask
• Customer focussed
• Effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to explains things clearly to customers
• Ability to understand and explain policies and legislation
• Experience of using a HR database or customer database
• Experience of handling sensitive data and situations
• Ideally have experience in a role working in HR
• Be at least 16-years old
• Have left full-time education when the apprenticeship starts
• Not be in receipt of funding for other learning programmes (including another apprenticeship)
• Not have already obtained a HR Degree or CIPD certification
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Managing a Quality Service
• A working environment that supports a range of flexible working options, including flexi-time, part-time, compressed hours and home working if suitable for the role.
• A working culture which encourages inclusion and diversity.
• A generous civil service pension starting at 26.6% employer contribution rate; https://www.civilservicepensionscheme.org.uk/members/contribution-rates/.
• 25 days annual leave on entry, increasing on a sliding scale to 30 days after 5 years’ service. This is in addition to 8 public holidays, this will be complimented by 1 further day paid as a privilege entitlement to mark the Queen’s Birthday.
• Based in offices next to Temple Meads station, with on-site gym and restaurant.
• Fast and modern IT kit which utilises Microsoft Office 10 and O365, enabling seamless working from home and collaboration across teams within The Inspectorate.
• We care about your wellbeing and all staff have access to Occupational Health Services, Employee Assistance Programme and there are a number of staff representative groups.