Role: HRBP – Operations (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Location: North & Scotland - you can be based anywhere within Region and will be required to travel to sites whilst adhering to ongoing government guidelines
We are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to join our team, this role will be responsible for leading the delivery of the HR plan within Premier Inn & Restaurants Operations. You will work closely with your aligned Ops Director to deliver a collaborative, commercial HR generalist support to the business that supports our ‘Team Experience’.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide. We have been recognised as a ‘Top Employer’ by the Top Employers Institute for the last 10 years.
Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 850 hotels - which is over 80,000 bedrooms - across the UK, Germany and the Middle East (with a committed pipeline of over 20,000 more). We’re also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. With exciting plans to innovate and grow our core UK and international business, we always keep our customers at the heart of what we do. There has never been a more exciting time to join Whitbread!
What you will be doing:
- You will be responsible for delivering the HR plan and business goals through a collaborative relationship with your Operations Director.
- By championing the benefits of employee engagement to leaders you will drive the continual improvement actions, aligned to insight, to deliver ongoing business improvement.
- You will train and coach senior leaders to understand how to engage teams and individuals according to their varying needs, related to performance, potential, personal and business objectives.
- Contributing to the development of the HR strategy and supporting the translation of goals across Premier Inn and Restaurants.
- In partnership with your Operational stakeholders you will support the management of the talent review process, ensuing that all Managers performance and potential is calibrated.
- Drive actions arising for the talent review process to ensure the growth of talent pipelines. This will be achieved by training and coaching your stakeholders to help them deliver their divisional/regional talent agenda.
- You will support your Operational Director to set quality management objectives, both business and personal, to ensure there are clear outputs are agreed and any skills/behaviour gaps or stretches are defined.
- Supporting managers with challenging performance and capability conversations, coaching them to take appropriate and definitive action at pace.
- Working alongside ER Delivery Manager you will support ER cases to ensure Whitbread policies are adhered to and business continuity is supported, whilst cases are resolved effectively.
- You will have the ability to develop, review and analyse key HR metrics that feed into the overall delivery of the HR strategy.
Why we’d love you to apply
- You will be an experienced HR Business Partner who has worked within a customer facing organisation.
- With your strong understanding of the wider industry you will support us to build a competitive advantage across Premier Inn & Restaurants.
- Planning and organisation will be key within this role, you will need to coordinate, manage and engage with a large number of stakeholders on a variety of HR and business priorities.
- Your knowledge of employment law will allow you to support the organisations needs whilst mitigating risks.
- As an experienced HR professional we don’t mind if you’ve gained that experience within a generalist role or a specialist talent & development role, we will just need you to be able to evidence you ability to operate in a complex and ever changing environment.
In return, we will offer you:
- A market competitive base salary
- Company Car – Job need so no cash allowance
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- A genuine flexible working policy
- Individual BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Perks at work