Basingstoke / (some home based during COVID)
My Client is looking for an experienced ILS Engineer, capable of conducting unaided ILS activities. They should be very familiar with DefStan 00-600, the Defence Logistics Framework and their application to projects. You will need to apply the activities to existing projects, to carry out due diligence activities on new projects and support the ILSM on bids.
The role will involve working with engineering teams to obtain an understanding of the products and solutions developed for the programme in order to understand the ILS requirements and produce the necessary supporting documents.
The person must provide evidence of their ability to deliver ILS Activities especially ARM, Managing ILS data in spreadsheet and databases.
You will work both as part of a project team and as part of an end-to-end process that involves the collection and analysis of input data into databases and reports resulting in presentations to the customer. The ILS Engineer is responsible for researching, drafting and generating the data used by the customer and this role is fundamental in the management, conduct and deliver of ILS to support the delivery of capability to users. You will be responsible for ensuring the requirements on existing contracts are met, dealing with any problems that require changes in approach or significant intervention.
The key skills required for this role are:
- Good communicator, able to engage with internal and external customers at a senior level
- Provide domain expertise and attend ILS meetings
- Detailed Understanding of 00-600 and develop and implement support solutions
- Abilit to interpret Bill Of Materials and to construct Equipment Breakdown Structures utilising Logistics Control Number format.
- Familiarity of general IT equipment
- Good understanding of in-service support principles
- Good MS Office Skills (Word, Presentations Excel)
- Good analytical skills, attention to detail
- Knowledge of ILS modelling, prediction tools and techniques.
If you feel you would be suitable, please send in your CV