In-house Chef - Monday to Friday
Nursery World Awards 2018 – Early Years Launch of the Year
Nursery Management Today Awards 2018 – Recruitment Initiative of the Year Business Development
We set out to redesign the nursery experience for families in the city – offering a fresh outlook on Early Years education, while also solving some of the key problems that most frustrate parents.
We opened our first site in Stoke Newington in 2017 and now we're building progressive and design-led nurseries across London – creating exciting settings for children and providing real value for families.
Take a look for yourself www.nfamilyclub.com
About the role
Friendly working environment, cooking a predominantly nutrition-focussed menu for our children. The N Kitchen is right at the heart of our Nursery, serving up fresh & nutritious food for our 90 nursery children in the week. We want to create an uplifting, one-of-a-kind experience for all our customers – both big and small – and are looking for a friendly, forward-thinking chef to create & deliver a menu that keeps everybody happy & healthy.
Responsible for all production of food on the premises, you’ll be working closely with the Chef at our other nursery to see that policies and procedures are embedded in the way the kitchen operates.
Food and nutrition are a core part of our educational approach and our menus are designed to broaden and challenge our children’s tastes. We’re looking for someone creative, who’s able to introduce children to a wide range of culinary styles, celebrating London’s diversity. Our chef must also be experienced in meeting the special dietary requirements of all of our customers and meeting our children’s nutritional needs.
What you will be doing
- Cooking fresh & inspiring food for our children and team from 7am-4pm, Monday-Friday
- Constantly developing & evolving our menu, but in a cost-effective manner
- Creating fun & nutritional snacks & dishes for all children attending the nursery, including those with specific dietary requirements (3 snacks/meals a day)
- Spreading and promoting healthy messages and ideas around food
- Delivering best-in-class customer service and maintaining a positive rapport with children & parents
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- Ensuring that all policies & procedures are in compliance with Environmental Health & Ofsted guidelines and that all relevant records are kept in line with Health and Safety and Food Hygiene Standards
- With our ever-expanding events program and regular parent and child evenings, you will be expected to work flexibly and your role will include some evening/weekend hours
- Passionate and positive (always see the glass half full)
- Shares our passion and commitment to sustainable living
- Driven by a ‘make it happen’ attitude
- A love for customer service (making people happy)
- High energy brought to every task you take on, and solution driven approach to problems
- A creative cook who loves working with children and families
- Conscious practices within food and cooking including recycling, creating as little food waste as possible
- Able to work quickly & effectively during busy service times
- Min 2 years’ relevant experience
- Good knowledge of food allergens & child nutrition and ability to work to the nursery budget for each child
- Previous experience in cooking to a commercial level / or a nursery kitchen
- Ideally, Food Hygiene NVQ Level 2 qualified.
We have a fantastic work environment that enthusiastically encourages creativity, growth and autonomy. Benefits include;
- Market leading salary (£20k- £24k depending on experience)
- Real career progression, lots of opportunities for development as we expand
- You’ll be part of N Academy
- Round the world ticket and 3 weeks paid leave after five years
- Great team spirit, events and socials
- Free lunch, smoothie and barista made coffee each day