Information Security Analyst | Dunstable | Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for an Information Security Analyst to join our Governance, Risk and Compliance team. As an analyst you will be responsible for assisting and improving the day-to-day management of the Information Security policy suite and the subsequent delivery of the compliance testing.
Whitbread are the owners of Premier Inn, and some of the UK’s most loved restaurants. With a website that handles nearly £2billion worth of transactions per year and a business that employees around 30,000 people, this role will offer you a genuine challenge to keep our customer and colleague data secure.
What you will be doing:
- Documenting policy, processes and standards for the Information Security Function;
- Regularly reviewing and updating policies, procedures and standards based on feedback from the team and stakeholders, opportunities for improvement and when significant changes occur;
- Support the ongoing development of the policy suite;
- Support the Governance, Policy and Awareness Manager in delivering the strategy;
- Supporting the wider Governance & Compliance activities for the organisation.
Ideally, we are looking for:
- Good understanding of Information Security standards & best practice (ISF / ISO27001/2)
- A demonstrable understanding of relevant laws and regulations relating to the protection of information, for example GDPR, and the potential consequences to Whitbread of non-compliance.
- In-depth understanding of how Information Security can impact an organisation.
- Experience of policy writing for a large organisation.
- Background in Information Security or Governance in an IT environment.
- Ability to understand business objectives and Information Security implications.
- Ability to advance stakeholder thinking on Information Security management.
- Good experience in training and awareness, compliance or governance roles.
- A driven and proactive attitude.