SRUC (Scotland’s Rural College) is a widely respected higher education and further education institute dedicated to producing specialist research, delivering high quality education and providing comprehensive consultancy services in the rural sector within the UK and beyond. An organisation unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe; we aim to lead the way in innovation and sustainable development in the agriculture and rural sectors at local, national and international levels.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our forestry and arboriculture team based at SRUC’s Barony Campus.
The successful candidate will have proven experience of working in the Arboriculture or Forestry industries to include chainsaw operations and daily machine maintenance. He/She will have experience of working to deadlines within the forestry and arboriculture commercial sectors.
• Contributing to the development and delivery of an industry-led, vibrant programme of growth for SRUC’s forestry and arboriculture education and training capability in the South and West Faculty;
• Contributing to the delivery of forestry related training and education activities in the South and West Faculty, including both campus-based and work-based students;
• Providing guidance and support to enable learners from all sections of the community to be included in education and achieve their potential as successful learners and future citizens;
• Planning and preparing an engaging, inclusive learning experience to progress learning, working both independently and cooperatively with others where relevant
• Ensuring that campus-based and work-based learning programmes meet as a minimum the relevant contractual and QA/QC requirements, including the compilation and submission of internal and external data and reports as required;
• Ensuring compliance with the policy and guidelines on health and safety in teaching.
• Working with the Senior Forester to help identify opportunities to further develop the academic portfolio to increase student recruitment;
• Working with the Senior Forester to help identify opportunities to further develop the academic portfolio for national and international recruitment;
• Contributing, where relevant, to the delivery of wider forestry and environmental management related training and education activities, including assisting with the development of a good working relationship with colleagues that have relevant interests (e.g. within SAC Consulting);
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Martyn Davies, Senior Forester by email
Please note, Interviews will be held on 4th March 2021