Lloyds Banking Group is the largest provider of digital banking products in the UK. Day after day, more and more customers are accessing their accounts using desktop and mobile with over a billion logons to our digital banking services last year. There couldn't be a better time to join us as we work to become the best bank for customers and continue to build an exciting future for our people.
Our Channel Enablers team sits at the core of our multi-million pound transformation programme that will span over the next three years. The team is responsible for building the foundation capabilities for our digital channels (Mobile, Web, Messaging, Video etc.) using its background in serving and supporting our mobile/desktop app to ensure a customer first approach.
At our lab, we're building two way messaging capabilities to enable more personalised multifaceted user experience, and transforming from the traditional "pushing model" application to a customer-centred model.
About the role
We're looking for iOS Software Engineers who are passionate about writing clean, well-tested applications. We value easy-to-maintain code, solid engineering practices, and sensible use of frameworks, patterns, and automation.
We work in a complex business with a high volume of customers and transactions, so a desire to dive into the details and come up with creative solutions is key. There's a wide engineering community at the bank, and we're always keen to hear from people who actively engage with technical groups. Within Lloyds Banking Group, there's a strong focus on business value and giving customers the features they need.
Work will be self driven and individual should be a self starter.
What you'll be doing
- Contributing to the technical leadership team's work of driving the technology and future of the platform.
- Working with the Strategy and UX/UI Design teams as well as customer organizations to architect, design, and implement solutions.
- Designing, developing and producing mobile components and services.
- Determine, apply and improve appropriate methodologies and toolsets for a customer's culture and operating environment.
- Complete solutions by coordinating, presenting, and contributing to team meetings and customer engagements.
- Explore up-and-coming technologies and software products; seize learning and knowledge-sharing opportunities.
- Support the team by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities
- You have a strong knowledge of designing a mobile experience for variable screen sizes in variable versions of iOS. Strong knowledge of iOS SDK.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services -(PromiseKit knowledge preferable but not mandatory)
- Strong knowledge of Apple UI design principles, interface guidelines, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Jenkins, Fastlane
- Hands-on experience of continuous delivery
- Code reviewing
- Mentoring/educating junior (or less experienced) developers
- Understanding of basic App architectures (i.e. MVVM)
- Practical Swift experience with focus on native unit and UI testing
- Familiar with Agile principles and methodologies and usage of related tools - JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Creating and managing frameworks in a modular codebase
What you'd get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us!
We'll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- A performance share bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Private health cover
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Various share schemes including free shares
So if you have a desire to work in a challenging Engineering role in a dynamic environment with quality at the heart of thinking, whilst gaining skills and experience within a friendly and motivated team then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...