At Northern, we’re creating a brand-new future not just for our organisation, but one that will transform the way we all think about rail travel and if you’re forward thinking, passionate and full of fresh ideas like we are, you could play your part in making it happen.
We recently launched our £500m fleet of new, state-of-the-art trains and we’re investing millions more in our existing fleet of trains and on station improvements all so we can continue to connect thousands of people across the North to work, leisure, education and more every day.
Our vision is all about taking them in an exciting new direction, delivering a different kind of travel experience, and introducing new ways of working.
We’re also investing in our people too, and we’re committed to building a business that’s just as diverse as the communities we serve.
So whatever your background, and whatever you have in mind for your own future, we think you’ll fit right in here.
In return, you’ll discover brilliant opportunities to grow and progress within Northern not to mention amazing perks and benefits like free or discounted travel, employee assistance, generous policies, regular pay reviews and a great pension. We look forward to receiving your application.
About the Job:
As Cyber Security and Compliance Manager you will be responsible for the daily operation and implementation of Northern’s Cyber security strategy, undertaking continuous review of current IT security practices and systems. You will identify areas for improvement, including assessment of existing and emerging threats and building Cyber Security maturity through deployment of and adherence to the Government’s NIS programme framework.
You will work closely with the IT technical team to implement appropriate technological defences and will also ensure that Northern’s information security strategies, policies, procedures and incident management and disaster recovery plans are fully implemented and are adapted to reflect changing circumstances.
You will also work with the Northern Programme Office to ensure that all technology-driven projects are suitably vetted to ensure that data is deployed in a safe and secure manner, in compliance with company practices and government legislation
To meet the requirements of the role, you will preferably have an industry Operator of Essential Services background and:-
· an ability to adapt to a fast-moving IT landscape and keep pace with latest thinking and new security technologies;
· a passion for technology and security safeguarding with a desire to deliver;
· thrive on change, showing an impressive ability to drive the IT security strategy forward;
· an analytical mind capable of managing numerous information sources and providing data analysis reports to senior management;
· a strong customer focus – able to meet the demands of internal and external customers;
· excellent communication skills – providing verbal and written communication that is outstanding to both direct reports and senior management as well as other stakeholders;
· be flexible and adaptable – capable of changing direction where required and showing flexibility to meet new demands;
· be able to Multi-task – can manage several concurrent projects and prioritise demands;
· have a proven ability to engage, build strong relationships, influence and partner with stakeholders across functions and geographies;
· be credible and capable; able to quickly build the confidence of the executive team and be seen as a natural peer to other senior colleagues;
· excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills - a capable negotiator, both internally and with third parties;
· be an individual of integrity who will respect and demonstrate Northern’s values. Sensitive and intuitive, whilst displaying gravitas and credibility.
You will be qualified to Degree level or equivalent.
Benefits and Rewards:
By working as part of the Northern team, you will receive the following benefits:
• Free Travel on Northern services – for you and your family*
• 75% discount on all other Train Operating Companies leisure services*
• Pension Scheme
• A generous holiday entitlement
• Maternity and Paternity Benefits – above the statutory minimum
• Full uniform for frontline facing roles
• Employee Assistance Programme – operating 24/7, giving a wide range of advice, support and useful information for employees
• And many more!
*Terms and conditions apply