You will be a member of AEG Europe’s London Technology Operations team, which is responsible for providing IT, broadcast and audio visual services and support to promoters and events at The O2, indigo at The O2, the SSE Arena Wembley, the Eventim Apollo, other temporary locations and IT support for AEG Europe staff in our London offices.
This is a shift-based role and the duties you undertake will depend on your offered shift and the location of the work, with all locations being advised at the time of shift offer.
The role involves:
- Providing first and second line IT Support services to AEG Europe staff working at The O2, indigo at The O2, the SSE Arena Wembley, the Eventim Apollo, other temporary locations and our other London offices;
- Providing IT and broadcast support for events being held at our venues in London, including liaison with AEG Europe’s customers, and working weekend and evening shifts (including public holidays), as required;
- Operating and supporting broadcast signage systems, comprised of both large and small digital signage screens at The O2, indigo at The O2, the SSE Arena Wembley and the Eventim Apollo;
- Providing IT support for Electronic Point of Sale (EPoS) systems in use within our London venues, including escalation within the IT team for critical issues;
- Undertaking physical duties such as lifting, moving and loading items of equipment, including moving IT equipment between locations for events based usage and setting up of hardware to an agreed specification;
- Taking ownership of Service Desk requests allocated to you and ensure that they are resolved in the most efficient manner, providing regular updates on the progress of Service Desk requests to the staff who have logged them;
- Undertaking day-to-day maintenance and checks of the IT and broadcast infrastructure, including printers, telephony and broadcast infrastructure systems as defined by the Head of Technology, London;
- Overseeing any breakdown of equipment (i.e. printers, photocopiers, digital signage, RF distribution etc.) and ensure that they are repaired or reported accordingly; and
- Supporting any IT and telephony services provided to tenants and partners at The O2.
This role will involve the on-site support of events at our venues and temporary sites in London and will therefore include evening and weekend shift-based working.
We’re looking for someone who has the ability to form effective working relationships with all levels of staff; who can use initiative, work with minimum supervision, organise their time effectively and be able to organise and deliver their work to agreed timescales.
You will have experience of providing IT Service Desk style support to end users using Windows 7 and Windows 10; and be able to troubleshoot issues with desktops and laptop hardware, common software applications including Microsoft Office and common office IT hardware such as printers and scanners.
With administration experience of working with core Microsoft technologies in an enterprise environment, such as Windows Active Directory; you will have an understanding of network technologies including TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP and be able to troubleshoot network or Internet connectivity issues and be able to work with network hardware and cabling.
We will need you to produce accurate detailed reports, paying attention to detail and of working to agreed standards.
You‘ll have confident communication skills, love working in a high achieving environment and be flexible and positive in your outlook.
About us: Owned by AEG, one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world, The O2 has become the multi-award winning home of world-class entertainment. The 20,000 capacity venue has hosted a variety of artists and shows including Prince, Ed Sheeran, Adele, the BRITs, ATP tennis World Tour Finals, NBA Basketball and more.
So why apply?
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their career within IT and to be part of one of the world's largest entertainment and sports organisations. AEG is an exciting and inclusive place to work. We value our people and inspire them to be the best they can be!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and our approach to recruitment and selection is fair, open and based purely on merit. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.