Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their people make the critical difference to important customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help make tomorrow work today?
As the organisation continues to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. Their formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners.
As a Project Engineer, you'll be responsible for working to assigned tasks in a methodical and timely fashion, assisting the completion of projects, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organisation.
In this role, you'll provide a liaison between the project manager and the technical disciplines involved in IT projects.
As the primary technical point of contact for IT projects, you will also provide technical assurance and governance.
Responsibilities include schedule preparation, pre-planning and resource forecasting for engineering and other technical activities relating to the project. Part of this responsibility is to ensure the accuracy of financial forecasts, which tie-in to project schedules. This position will also involve ensuring projects are completed according to project plans and technical designs.
- Carry out field support for projects
- Carry out survey work for new projects
- Provide support to the pre-sales team
- Ensure configuration management and installation standards are maintained
- To maintain effective working relationships with on-site operational teams and contractors
- Customer liaison
- Ensuring compliance with organisation policies, procedures and work instructions
- Ensuring compliance with industry and MOD standards
- Provide hands on engineering & project support when and where required.
- Ensure capability of the team is sufficient to fulfil operational requirements.
- Further develop teams' capabilities, encourage coach and mentor team.
- Ensure Field installations meet Site Coordinating Installation Design Authority (SCIDA) installation requirements by following Best Practice guidelines
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Project delivery management
- Manage Health and Safety for the project
Skills and Qualifications:
This is a varied role where you'll gain experience across a range of exciting projects. As such, we do not expect the successful candidate to display all of the below criteria upon application, if you can show an understanding in some of these area's then we want to hear from you!
Knowledge and experience in some of the following:
- Structured Cabling.
- Wi-Fi Planning, design & installation
- Network Equipment Rooms
- Fibre Optics
- Working with different network classifications
- LAN and WAN
- Audio Visual
- IP based CCTV
- Video Conferencing
- PC and server hardware and operating systems
- Virtualisation and cloud computing
- Data Centre environment
- Understanding of project management
- CCTV system design
- Surveying - pricing and costing IT installations internally and externally
- Managing office moves and Business as Usual (BAU) Projects.
- Highly customer & delivery focused, meeting and exceeding customer expectation
- Experience of working in the construction environment including Construction Design Management (CDM) regulations
- Knowledge of electrical and earthing systems
- Health and Safety (IOSH Managing Safely, Working at heights, Asbestos, Confined spaces, IPAF, PASMA) etc.
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Knowledge of computer IT hardware and software.
- An understanding of networking infrastructures
- Fault diagnosis/fixing of cabling infrastructures
- ITIL V4 foundation certificate
- Certified Network Infrastructure Design Professional (CNIDP)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional or equivalent experience. (MCITP)
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent