About the job
Enterprise Service is part of Digital, Data & Technology (DDAT). We manage the day to day operation of the NCA IT estate, ensuring the ongoing delivery of suitably assured and operational IT services to users, responding to incidents and escalations as they arise.
This is enabled through the leadership of the transition of new and changed services in and out of to the live environment and the supervision and management of the IT supply chain to
ensure services are delivered in accordance with Service Levels aligned to user expectations.
In order to achieve this, Enterprise Services must take a through life approach to IT service and continually look to develop and build a team of professional and experienced IT Service Management practitioners who are suitably skilled to support a complex and varied IT estate that is evolving through the delivery of the NCA transformation Programme.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
Responsibilities• Lead the Enterprise Service, Defend Team setting out a strategic security framework that will assist in maintaining acceptable level of technical risk to NCA including engagement with senior management in the delivery of an effective and efficient service.
• Accountable for the security assurance of NCA’s ICT including the completion of security audits, vulnerability assessments and protective monitoring analysis to ensure that controls are implemented in accordance with relevant laws, regulations and standards in support of NCA business requirements.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing expertise, guidance and advice in technical security and crypto related subjects, including maintaining up to date knowledge in network, application and communications security solutions, emerging technologies for security enterprise architectures and infrastructures.
• Manage resources effectively and ensure financial control of local budgets.
• Manage, coach and develop staff, work cooperatively with colleagues and stakeholders to promote high-performance, and manage issues relating to the performance and conduct of officers in line with NCA values.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
- Changing and Improving
- Delivering at Pace
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Working Together
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Experience of ICT technical design and/or formal security review of ICT technical solutions.
- Experience of running secure IT services and managing the security of DEVSECOPs for Cloud services
- Experience of adopting security standards within public or private sector in one or more of the following areas:
All officers in the NCA are members of the UK Civil Service. You will be eligible for:
• Civil Service pension scheme
• 26 days annual leave rising to 31 on completion of 5 years continuous service
• Training and development opportunities
• Cycle2work scheme
We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to Occupational Health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
We can provide flexible working arrangements if the role in question is suitable. These include flexi-time, job sharing and compressed hours (working contracted hours over a shorter period).