IT Service Assistant
Working in a fast paced environment with time critical solutions required, this role is to support all areas of the business to ensure effective IT solutions are in place at all times.
IT Service Assistant Responsibilities:
• Basic networking and firewalls including VLANs, trunking, content filtering and application rules.
• Basic Windows Server Management
• Cisco Call Manager Telephone System
• SQL Query writing
• Business intelligence reporting writing
• Some Project Management
• Part of an on call, 24-hour team rota, providing cover on nights and bank holidays.
• Understands and complies with the requirements of the Environmental Management System (EMS) and the Environmental Permit as part of their day to day activities.
• To carry out any other tasks commensurate with this post
IT Service Assistant Requirements:
• Desktop PCs and Operating systems (Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / XP).
• Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
• ERP / Business Process Knowledge
• IT Security, Desktop/File & Folder/Network and internet
• Retail EPOS experience
• Advanced hardware / Software diagnosis and fault finding skills.
• Working under own initiative
• Excellent Customer Service skills for both internal and external customers
• Flexible working hours, required to work out of hours
• Recording problems and their solutions for future reference
• Training users on new systems or software applications
• At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities
• Liaison with third parties to seek solutions.
About HARIBO UK:
HARIBO, the world’s biggest manufacturer of fruit gums and liquorice products entered the UK market in 1972, when it acquired a majority stake in the English firm Dunhills (Pontefract).
Location: Pontefract and Castleford, West Yorkshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 38 hours per week with rota based on-call out of hours requirement
You may have experience of the following: IT Technical Support Engineer, IT Technical Services Analyst, IT Helpdesk Support, IT Tech Support Engineer, IT Helpdesk Technician, IT Support, 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, 3rd Line Support, IT Helpdesk Engineer, Network Support, Network Administration, Systems Administrator, etc
about 1 month ago
IT Service Assistant