IT Team Leader
At Age Partnership, they believe that people who are at or approaching retirement deserve to get the best out of life. Based in Leeds, West Yorkshire, with over 400 employees, they provide a range of financial solutions tailored specifically for the over 50s.
Position: IT Team Leader
Location: Leeds LS15 8ZB
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (hours of work will be flexible and dictated by the needs of the business, therefore it is expected that the successful applicant will work those hours necessary to successfully discharge the duties of the role).
Weekend cover is also required as per a rota.
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 per annum, plus generous benefits package
About the role:
Are you an experienced IT Team Leader looking for a new challenge? Are you looking to work within an established and fast paced team where no day is the same? Then please read on...
- Shared team leadership responsibilities for the First Line/ Service Desk team and wider Infrastructure Team
- Operational day to day responsibility for team, including absence management (holidays/sickness/lateness)
- Reporting and KPI management
- Define and promote help desk and ticket handling procedures within the team and wider business
- Escalation point for technical issues by first line team
- Expertise across a broad range of technologies
- Software support for in-house applications
- Embed company policies and promote good practise within the team
- Documentation of internal processes and systems
- Stay current with both business application and external vendor information, changes and updates
- Any other ad hoc tasks as business needs dictate
A presentable and highly organised individual, with a keen attention to detail and a methodical approach to their work including a logical approach to problem solving.
An effective communicator and leader who can deal with colleagues from all levels of the business and suppliers in a professional and confident manner.
Must have the ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines as well as the drive to expand their knowledge as appropriate.
Must also have a technical background with a good level of technical competency in both Windows Servers and Clients, along with an understanding of virtualisation and cloud services.
Skills & knowledge
• Ability to manage / coach / mentor / develop a team
• Ability to implement and assess performance metrics
• Ability to adapt management style based on the individual
• Strong sense of pride and teamwork and willingness to aid in the success of the team
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and bring a level of control to stressful situations
• Great communication skills
• Enterprise IT Knowledge including good level of competency in:
o Active Directory
o Group Policy
o Office 365
o TCP/IP Networking
• Experience in using cloud services
• Experience in using relational databases
• Enterprise Telephony Platforms knowledge (ShoreTel/Mitel experience would be ideal)
• Experience with Jira / Confluence
• Experience with Azure DevOps
Qualifications / Experience
Minimum of 12 months experience managing an IT team
• GCSE or higher in IT
• ITIL foundation or higher
• Any IT industry qualification, MCSA / CCNA etc
• Further/Higher education qualifications
You may have experience of the following: IT Team Leader, IT Support Team Leader, IT Manager, Head of Support, Head of IT, Technical Support Manager, IT Support Manager, Infrastructure Manager, Network Manager, Helpdesk Manager, 1st Line Support, Service Desk, Helpdesk, etc.
£35000 - £40000 per annum
about 1 month ago
IT Team Leader