Java Software Engineer - Flexible working!
JDK8 / Spring / Agile
Bristol (North or South)
Business Unit - DST
As our team grows, we want to help and learn from each other in a supportive and relaxed environment with the main aim of delivering high quality software products. Everyone's opinion counts and you'll have the opportunity to really make your mark on this ground-breaking project.
Here at Babcock International, we are recruiting for a Java Software Engineer to work within Babcock International on Defence Systems Technology projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Producing and maintaining web applications to meet customer requirements
* Active involvement and collaboration within the Agile team
* Documenting technical design and code
* Full-stack software design and implementation
* Use of various software development tools for Issue Tracking, Configuration control and software development and unit testing.
What do I need to do the role?
Specialised experience in either:
* Java (JDK8)
* Spring 5
* Development of web applications
Experience developing server side applications using:
* Hibernate/Relational Databases
* An understanding of both Agile and more traditional development methodologies
* HTML / CSS
* Experience with an Automated test framework, such as Cypress or similar
* Defence or public sector experience
* Radio Communication systems experience
* HNC/HND or Degree in a suitable engineering discipline (or similar relevant qualification)
* Candidates without this qualification will be considered, if they can demonstrate considerable relevant experience within an equivalent role
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.