Jira Administrator | Contract | Holborn
We have an exciting opportunity for a Jira Administrator to join our team based out of our Digital hub in Holborn. We are currently going through a period of growth as we expand the Premier Inn brand to Germany and are looking to establish nearly 40 hotels in the next 2 years.
This position will focus on applying and delivering insights and analytical thinking on ways to help the engineering and delivery teams. You will also be expected to help bring process and new ways of working ideas to life.
What you will be doing:
- Confident System Administrator in the following products - Jira, Confluence, Jira Service Desk, Github
- Applying & delivering insights and leading analytical thinking on ways to help the engineering and delivery teams inspect, adapt and iterate process and ways of working
- This role also plays a supportive function to the Delivery and Engineering team by providing insight and recommended approaches, delivery estimates, and analytical guidance for new initiatives.
- Play a key role in bringing process and ways of working ideas to life via configuration and administration of key enterprise tooling (JIRA, Service Now, Confluence, Git Hub, Swagger Hub)
- Creating new resilient Atlassian installations in AWS with good recovery solutions
- Safely migrating Jira and Confluence projects/spaces and users to a new installation
- Co-designing effective Jira workflows/schemes with delivery leaders
- Designing and running an administration function fit for regular requests for new users, new spaces, customised Jira workflows/schemes for projects etc
- Reviewing and improving security groups and roles to improve ease of management
- Ensuring effective communication between stakeholders for the design and transition to the single installation
- Optimising and improving Jira/Confluence performance
What we are looking for:
- An excellent understanding and experience of Atlassian products and services, and be a confident System Administrator in the following products - Jira, Confluence and Github
- Must be a confident communicator with good written and oral communication skills.
- Enthusiastic in learning new stuff and willing to work in a high-pressure working environment.
- Ability to build good, credible relationships with managers, team members and internal & external stakeholders.
- IT/ Marketing/ Business knowledge.
- Experience of Atlassian tooling (JIRA and Confluence)
- Knowledge on Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Comfortable working in digital environments.
- Understanding of DevOps practices