£18000 - £25000 per annum
about 1 month ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Junior Process Engineer to join our thriving UK medical manufacturing company to work within our expanding Process Engineering Department.
We are looking to recruit a Junior Process Engineer who will be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, improvement and validation of manufacturing processes.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of engineering principles and exposure to various manufacturing processes (injection moulding, extrusion, ultrasonic welding, manual and automated assembly, packing, in-process testing, lab testing) and measurement equipment.
• Qualification or degree in engineering discipline
• Experience in high volume manufacturing environment
• Knowledge and understanding of working within highly regulatory environment
• Experience in manufacturing, production and validation of processes and equipment.
• Understanding and experience of working with measurement instruments, this could include calibration
• Able to create SOPs for new processes and review them for existing ones
• Able to train members of production staff to new procedures
• Good communication
• Good people skills
• Able to work to deadlines
• Able to multitask and prioritise workload
• Able to work in a team and on own initiative
• Able to function effectively across a number of interrelated departments
• Self-motivated and willing to learn
• Have a can-do attitude with an enthusiastic approach to work
• I.T. Literate – Microsoft Office
• Methodical, organised and structured approach to work
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent report writing skills
• Able to gather, evaluate, critically interpret and communicate information
• Able to work in a safe manner complying with Health and Safety Legislation
• Able to function in a highly regulatory environment with a focus on compliance
• High level of commitment
• Flexibility to work additional hours if required to support the facility
About Intersurgical Limited:
Intersurgical was formed in 1982 in the UK and started with a modest range of respiratory products. Since its inception, the company has continued to grow and develop and today is the respiratory care specialist in airway management, anaesthesia, critical care and oxygen & aerosol therapy.
The company was formed with seven people, producing a limited product range for the UK hospital market. Today, we employ over 3500 people, producing an extensive product range sold worldwide. We operate across five manufacturing sites and have direct sales operations in over 25 countries and a number of export offices located throughout the world supporting our network of speciality distributors.
Through a constant programme of new product and market development Intersurgical is today one of the market leaders for high quality respiratory care products for the hospital sector worldwide.
Our products are seen as easy to use, technically superior and of the highest quality. The product range is innovative and we will continue to develop and implement improvements.
Location: Head Office (Wokingham UK)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £18,000 to £25,000
You may have experience of the following: Manufacturing Engineer, Process Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Production Engineer, Continuous Improvement, Quality & Compliance, Extrusion & Assembly, etc.