Gatwick, GB, RH6 0PA
Key Account Manager – Specialist Retail Chains
Gatwick (flexible working)
Salary up to £47,000 (depending on experience) + Company Car + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
At Nestlé PURINA Pet Care, we're passionately committed to helping pets enjoy happier, healthier and longer lives because we're pet owners too. As a world leading company in pet care and nutrition, Nestlé PURINA Pet Care has been helping pets’ live healthy, happy lives for over 85 years. We are proud to produce some of the UK’s best loved brands including FELIX®, WINALOT®, GO-CAT®, BAKERS® and BONIO, trusted and bought by millions of pet owners.
Because of its complex nature, due to having 4 customers at £11.5m NPS, the Specialist Retail Chains Key Account Manager is a broad and challenging KAM role with full forecasting and P&L responsibility.
The 4 customers are The Range, Jollyes, Mole Valley Farmers and Wynnstay. It requires someone who can respond to change and ambiguity in an agile, proactive way. As well as a candidate with a strong ability to prioritise, as this role encompasses multiple customers and skills.
The Key Account Manager plays a key role within the Purina Specialist business and is directly responsible for all sales across the Purina portfolios. The KAM will work closely with the Specialist Retail Sales Planning Executive and Sales Finance Executive to deliver the KPI’s through our business planning processes, accuracy and timeliness in our Customer plans both internally and externally.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Cat Food, Dog Food and Snacks portfolio: the full management and accountability of the P&L including Revenue, Spend, Market Share and Profit targets.
- The creation and management of annual JBP’s: Lead the execution of the JBP, customer relationship and promotional program. The set-up and maintenance of planning information in our Customer Plans internally to ensure accuracy against finance and business reporting KPIs.
- NPD: alongside the MDO and Shopper Marketing teams, ensure all appropriate NPD is successfully launched in store.
- Sales Reporting: providing internal reporting and insight to lead the monthly business planning process, in order to give the business the necessary visibility and understanding of the latest performance and position of the customer plans.
We’re looking for ambitious, commercially astute and customer focused sales professionals from within the FMCG sector. Skills and experience required include the following:
- Customer facing/head office experience preferable
- Budget/JBP management
- Proven track record of performance
- Eye for detail and organised administrator
- Ability to adapt and be agile in a dynamic team
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 18th September 2020
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process.
Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Ready to take the next step?