Busy Bees in Southport are looking for an Assistant Nursery Chef to join our Team. Working Monday to Fridayonly with no evenings or weekends
20 hours per week, 4 hours per day.
The top 5 Reasons to join us!
Busy Bees at Tibbi Tots Nursery is situated in a converted Edwardian house attached to a converted Church building. Set in beautiful, well-maintained grounds, the Nursery is only a minutes’ walk from the town centre and close to public transport links. The Nursery has an off-road drop off and pick up car park, with lots of room for this purpose.
Established by 3 families in 1984 Busy Bees is now the UK’s largest childcare company with over 350 nurseries across the UK.
To give every child the best start in life
Deliver high quality childcare & Exciting opportunities for learning that gives every child a head start as they prepare for school
As Assistant Nursery Chef you will be responsible for assisting the Nursery Chef with food preparation, cooking and serving of food to children at various times throughout the day, this should be done using the highest levels of hygiene and cleanliness.
Care: We take care very seriously
- Follow safe working practices for children and staff to comply with Busy Bees food hygiene and safety policies.
- Play a role in the education of our children’s development by promoting good hygiene standards and spending time within the rooms teaching them basic cooking skills and promoting healthy eating.
- Speak Up against practices that don’t support safeguarding or our Core Values.
Service: We are an integral part of a parent’s support network
- Assist the nursery chef to provide high quality, nutritious, freshy prepared meals and snacks in appropriate portion sizes and consistencies in line with food hygiene and safety regulations and Busy Bees policies.
- When required, liaise with suppliers to ensure good levels of service are provided.
- Maintain hygiene standards in the kitchen, to meet internal audit requirements and ensure action points are addressed in a timely manner.
Quality: We set and maintain the highest standards it’s what children and parents deserve
- In the absence of the nursery chef liaise with regulatory bodies during their inspection visits, ensuring action points and recommendations are addressed in a timely manner.
- Comply with the company’s procedures relating to the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH). Through understanding the principals of storing and using cleaning materials safely and taking precautions to protect yourself and others and ensure that records are up to date and available.
Value: We ensure that we provide outstanding value for money
- In the absence of the nursery chef, ordering food supplies to meet the menu requirements within budget.
- Report any damages, repairs to the nursery chef so it can be logged with estates, take action to control any risk and make reference to this in your daily food safety book.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 1 years previous experience working within a catering environment with an excellent understanding of food hygiene standards and allergens.
- A good understanding of food standards requirements for the management of medical conditions, in particular allergies associate with food.
- Food Hygiene Level 2 qualification (Desirable)
- Recognised catering qualification (Desirable)
- All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS Check