Kitchen Team Leader – Premier Inn
Every guest wants great food- That’s only made possible by you and your dedicated kitchen team. When the Head Chef is away you’ll lead the way, making sure all food is prepared safely, cooked perfectly and presented to the highest standards, on time, every time. You’ll do this by: Being highly organised, having an eye for detail, striving to deliver a great product, having the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment whilst oozing passion for a slick F&B operation.
Running the perfect kitchen with the guest in mind- Team training and coaching will be your strong point ensuring all round product knowledge of our menu. Balancing back office responsibilities with being visible and working the kitchen floor with your team, whilst consistently communicating with the front of house team to deliver a leading guest experience. You’ll be confident & competent in the kitchen, being liable for stock control making sure we are within company guidelines for- wastage, stock holding and profitability.
Being the forefront of a kitchen is not the easiest job- It’s a hands-on, rewarding role as playing part in a leading hotel brand brings it altogether, for you, our guests and the business; delivering unforgettable moments that stay with our guests for a lifetime. We’re looking for somebody who can work under pressure, ensuring brand standards are met day in, day out with a proven track record of effectively leading a team. You’ll remain calm, thriving under pressure whilst remaining open to new ways of working, i.e. rational cooking.
Your Rewards and Benefits- Along with a structured induction plan and training to do your role there are numerous of other benefits. Some of the big ones below, but feel free to explore more on our Whitbread careers page.
- Working more than 16 hours a week with us, you can choose to study for an apprenticeship to give you a nationally recognised qualification
- Whitbread Privilege Card 25% Discount across our Restaurants, and up to 50% on hotel rooms
- Annual incentive scheme – an extra week’s pay (tax free) on achieving all green performance targets
- A wide range of discounts retail and leisure discounts including gym membership, cinema ticket and 02 price plans (which can be shared across 5 family members or friends)
- Discounted ‘Premier Inn famous’ Hypnos mattresses and beds
- Pension scheme with employer contribution
- 50% off food whilst on shift
With over 800 hotels, 75,000+ rooms and further growth plans, there are endless opportunities for you within award winning Premier Inn! Come and make a difference at the UK’s leading hotel brand- Apply today.