Jefferson Wells are currently recruiting for a Lab Asst for a 18 month contract in Cardiff.
Help us improve access to life-changing therapies that can transform human health
My client is a global provider of technologies and services that advance and accelerate the development and manufacture of therapeutics. They have a rich heritage tracing back hundreds of years, and a fresh beginning since 2020.
Their customers undertake life-saving activities. These range from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, biologic drugs, and novel cell and gene therapies. Their job is to supply the tools and services - the pots, pans, soups and sauces - they need to work better, faster and safer, leading to better patient outcomes.
What you'll do
- Ability to carry out PCR, rtPCR and Ion chromatography testing.
- Chemical management
- Stock control
- Preforming environmental / DNA monitoring of cleanrooms
- Comply with EHS regulations & policies
- Working to tight timelines to fulfil customer requirements
- Accept or reject products, material and equipment not meeting specifications
- Inspect, test, or measure materials and products for conformance to specifications
- Operate lab/test equipment, as applicable
Who you are
- Working experience in Quality control
- Knowledge and understanding of acceptance processes for incoming, in-process, and final inspections to ensure that a device conforms to its specification.
- Knowledge and understanding of Calibration, Preventative Maintenance, Material Identification & Segregation documentation.
- Knowledge and understanding of the disposition of non-conforming material, and Good Documentation Practice requirements.
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
* Ability to evaluate the impact of actions on the business and our customers
* A BSc in Forensics, Genetics, or any other biological field.
* Knowledge and understanding of DNA and the importance of maintaining a DNA free test area to prevent contamination.
* Experience working within a lab environment.
* Ability to speak, understand, read, and write in local language.
* Proficient with software applications applicable to the job.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
* Strong quantitative and analytical skills
Who we are
Whatever your role, we bring purpose and challenge into our everyday work. If you are driven to make the world a better place thanks to science and medicine, you'll feel right at home here. If you're flexible, curious and relentless, you'll belong. If you are excited about a global culture, this can be the place to further your career.