Lead Automation QA Analyst
C# / Selenium / Swagger / JSON
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Lead Automation QA Analyst to work closely alongside an established development team working on a variety of exciting projects ranging from defence related projects, Web / IT through to learning and training. You'll be working on multiple concurrent projects ranging in length from 3 -12 months so no day will be the same.
Working on exciting automation projects, this Lead Automation QA Analyst will be required to build automation frameworks from scratch using technologies like C# (Microsoft), Selenium, Swagger, and JSON with work predominantly centered on the testing of APIs.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need …
- To provide Test Automation Quality Assurance and leadership to Agile SCRUM team projects and deliverables
- Implement automation testing alongside existing manual testing
- Use automation to deliver increased test coverage and to the benefit of the whole development team
- Deliver metrics to support the benefits of test automation
- Automation best practice
- Scrum / Agile approach
Lastly, you'll need…
- Implement test automation and ensure it is utilised full potential
- Ensure developed applications perform to functional and non-functional requirements
- Develop and maintain application documentation and Test RAID log
Major Activities / Accountabilities:
- Develop a test automation approach
- Ensure test automation embedded in projects from their onset
- Write and execute test automation scripts
- Focal point for test automation within the QA team
- Produce detailed test stage plans
What do I need to do the role?
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
- Extensive experience of automated test frameworks (e.g. Selenium, MS Performance and Load Testing)
- Experience in setting up an automation test function in an Agile team structure
- Integrate automation testing with DevOps test plans
- Experience of mentoring and upskilling other team members with automation techniques
- Experience of Non-functional Testing
- Familiarity with Testing Framework Tools
- Familiarity with source control systems; DevOps
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Bristol is a vibrant city in south west England with a wide range of attractions, landmarks, events and shopping. It has excellent transport links and is only 1.5 hours from London by train.
This role will be based at Bristol Business Technology Centre. The building has a capability of over 900 full time employees which is split over 4 floors, incorporating a Gym and Restaurant on the ground floor.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.