York, YN, GB, YO91 1XY
Nestlé UK & Ireland
Lead Business Excellence Manager - Logistics
Salary up to £75,000 depending on experience + car allowance + potential bonus + other fantastic benefits
We are looking for a full time Lead Business Excellence Manager to join our Logistics Leadership Team in York .
This is a great opportunity to work within a highly dedicated team and will also provide the necessary exposure to learn and improve systems and processes across supply chain with a focus on Logistics.
As a Lead Business Excellence Manager, you will support setting a clear path for logistics acceleration, with strong focus on bottom up and top down projects, and the development of the Logistics team to ensure successful delivery.
Our supply chain and logistics really is at the heart of our entire business, the success of the business relies on its ability to effectively manage our hugely complex operations. We will offer you all the support and guidance necessary to succeed in this role with the opportunity to progress with a great career in Nestlé.
Key dimensions of the role are,
Supply Chain / Logistics systems strategy:
- Drive the strategic long-term direction of the Logistics function through the application of tools and ideas observed in the wider industry.
- Formation of local strategy of all global/zone programs like WMS, SAP TM, e-Commerce integration etc, in collaboration with colleagues across our UK business, and Corporate and Zone supply chain teams.
Project Portfolio Management:
- Lead cross-functional projects of strategic importance which step change the ability of supply chain to deliver its medium to longer term goals as well as leading a team of other BE Managers, Project Managers, local IS/IT specialists. Leading a team of 8 to manage a portfolio of 25-35 concurrent projects with project spends up to £50m. Drive Continuous Improvement in Logistics operational budget of >£80m p.a. Support all UK manufacturing locations in materials handling and logistics applications and distribution centres.
System Support Management:
- Management of locally developed inhouse Transport Management System and integration middleware through various stages of consultancy, compliance, development, testing, documentation and 24/7 support.
- Supporting Nestlé’s inhouse continuous improvement program (NCE) and team capability building in logistics.
- Take the lead in developing the appropriate Capability building framework for the requisite area.
- Work to support the development of an effective subject matter experts network to ensure continuous improvement and best practise
- Significant experience within Supply Chain, IT and Project Management including areas of logistics, customer service, demand and supply planning or procurement.
- Strong leadership skills, including leading without authority, ability to build long term partnerships, collaboration and influencing skills.
- An inquisitive person with good analytical skills, as well as a strong problem-solving mind-set.
- Functional understanding of logistics application e.g. SAP WM/EWM, other WMS (JDA/AUTOSTORE), TMS, YMS.
- Excellent teamwork and reasoning skills accompanied by a self-motivated passion for success.
- An ability to adapt to the situation, allowing for pragmatic and agile solutions in this new environment.
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process on what this could look like.
The closing date for this role is 27th October 2020.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Ready to take the next step?