Sudbury, GB, CO10 2XD
£37,458 plus potential bonus + fantastic benefits
4 Shift Rota pattern -12hour 15-minute Shift Rotation, two-day shifts followed by two night shifts then four days off. 05:45/18:00-17:45/06:00.
We’re looking for an Lead Operative to join the team here at Nestlé Purina, Sudbury, Suffolk. You will work as a member of a team to achieve objectives and performance targets by safely and effectively operating machines, equipment, processes and systems.
At Purina PetCare, we're passionately committed to helping pets enjoy happier, healthier and longer lives because we're pet owners too.
Our Sudbury factory makes some of the UK’s most well known and much loved brands, such as Go Cat, Baker, and Purina ONE, and is constantly developing to meet the changing needs of our consumers. All this happens in a vibrant and historic market town known as the home of Thomas Gainsborough. For a town with a rich history it also has a strong vision for the future with continued investment planned to ensure Sudbury remains a great place to live, work and visit.
Manufacturing in Nestlé is all about ensuring the consumer receives a perfect quality product, at the right time and place whilst driving losses from our business in order to maximise efficiency & productivity.
Reporting into the Shift Manager, you will provide direction to the team by carrying out activities such as operating machines and equipment, coordinating labour movements, facilitating problem solving initiatives and managing changeovers.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Organise effective line running and changeovers ensuring that all relevant departments and personnel are fully informed.
- Complete relevant company documentation in a timely, conscientious and accurate manner – this may be computer and paper based.
- Take ownership of new or additional tasks, projects, trials and other reasonable duties in conjunction with colleagues in your area of work.
- Be fully competent in a wide range of machine and equipment operating and cleaning procedures
- Ensure compliance with the Nestle Quality Management System (NQMS) and quality policy.
- Resolve operational problems on the lines and assist colleagues with fault diagnosis. Work closely with Area Engineers to identify root causes and implement solutions and standard work routines.
- Work safely and maintain a safe, sustainable and healthy working environment, adhering to the responsibilities detailed in the site safety policy to ensure the safety of all site personnel.
- Adhere to all Good Manufacturing Practice standards in respect of plant, environment and yourself.
- As required, complete problem solving activities for area of responsibility ensuring that, root causes are identified and corrected.
- Carry out training and coaching and competency assessment of others.
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience working in a similar factory environment, supporting, developing and challenging a team to drive manufacturing excellence.
Other attributes will include:
- NVQ Level 2 and City and Guilds in Basic Engineering to the qualifications section or equivalent.
- Basic Certificate in food Hygiene would be advantageous.
- Experience coaching and assessing a team.
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet requirements.
- Identify appropriate solutions to day-to-day issues.
- Judgement regarding when to escalate/report concerns.
- Previous experience in factory operations and use of SAP is required.
- Good time management skills.
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, 18.5 days holiday, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is Monday the 31st of August.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Ready to take the next step?