Joining us as a Lead Software Engineer within Major Core Programmes, you will be leading a team of Software and DevOps Engineers who are seeking to innovate and improve environment provisioning for use by the whole of Lloyds Banking Group's change community.
You'll be continually challenged to identify and try new approaches, whist ensuring existing solutions are available for use.
You will inspire your team to embrace new technologies and new ways of working whilst driving their own development
An ideal Software Engineer within MCP QA Environments will be technically adept, with a deep knowledge of mainframe and non-mainframe systems, infrastructure build, and the ability to drive innovation using cloud solutions.
So what would you be doing for us?
- You will define and implement an Environment strategy for both test and route to live that supports the challenging change portfolio whilst embracing new technologies
- You will provider leadership and direction to a multi skilled team driving new ways of working and dynamic technical solutions
- You will use your technical expertise to help the team develop solutions that are effective and robust
- You will champion the use of Cloud and automated solutions to improve provisioning timescales and the robustness of environments
- You will work with Quality Engineers, Product Owners and Programme Managers to develop solutions to meet testing requirements
- You will ensure tight controls on budget and manage cost challenges to support the Group aims whilst maintaining quality delivery.
- You will manage and mitigate risk, ensuring we take the right approach to deliver safely but with pace
- You will build confidence by ensuring the environments are reflective of live, and by building strong relationships with stakeholders
- You will Lead the team using Agile principles, championing new ways of working, and helping them to develop in line with their career aspirations
- You will be a key part of the MCP QA Leadership Team working on strategic improvements and maintaining strong colleague engagement scores
- You will provide coaching and development support to the team
- More than anything you'll bring enthusiasm and an open mind to help us develop and deliver new ways of doing things whilst developing your own skills and the skills of those around you
- Leadership of a mutli skilled team, creating and driving strategy, co-ordinating work, and supporting personal development
- Environment strategy definition and implementation focused on solutions to help support increased pace in change
- Focus on how we improve environment solutions for Major Core Programmes in particular
- Leadership of a team of experienced Software Engineers and DevOps engineers
- Maintenance of quality service throughout any changes to how we work
- Oversight of clash management, handling escalations and conflicts
- Promotion of Cloud solutions and virtualisation to support the Group's wider strategy
- Working within an Agile environment working in Scrum and Waterfall environments, and being flexible to work with a mix of methodologies
- Building effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Supporting the wider MCP QA team to improve processes and procedures to increase efficiency and reduce costs
What we need from you:
- Strong team leadership and management skills
- A strong technical background with experience in environments provisioning and management
- Experience with toolsets including Urban Code, Jenkins , CA Lisa etc
- Strong coding skills including COBOL, JCL, REXX, Oracle PL/SQL, Python, Groovy Script
- Experience of Cloud technologies and containerisation
- Experience with Mainframe Systems (ZOS, CICS DS2)
- Experience of Batch Management/Execution (OPC/ OPCON/ TWS/JCL)
- Experience of Technical Recovery Management
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build working relationships
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop and be a "hands on" Software Engineer
- Experience with agile development methods & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence
What you'd get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us.
We'll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- A performance share bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Various share schemes including free shares
We're a founder member of the Agile Future Forum, a group of leading UK employers supporting flexible working. We're happy to consider options other than 9-to-5 office-based work. To us "Agile working" is more than working flexibly - it's about entrusting colleagues to think creatively about how, when and where they work, to deliver their very best.
So if you have a desire to work in a challenging Quality Engineering role in a dynamic environment with quality at the heart of thinking, whilst gaining skills and experience within a friendly and motivated team then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...