Learner Support Worker
Location: Access Creative College Manchester, M1 6FQ
Hours: Up to 37.5 hours per week, Term-time only
Contract: Fixed term until 31st July 2021
Reports to: Learning Services Manager
Salary: Pro-rata to £18,006 FTE
Benefits: Enhanced Annual Leave, Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay, Employee Assistance Programme, Employee Recognition Awards, Occupational Sick Pay, Sabbatical Leave, Teacher-Training
Applications to reach us by 16th August 2020.
Access Creative College is more than just a college; we are a hub for young creative entrepreneurs who are shaping the future of the creative industries.
Now in our 25th academic year and serving more than 2000 learners across our seven UK based Centres over Levels 1-5, Access Creative College has a well-established reputation for music courses. We’ve been part of Ed Sheeran, Rita Ora and JP Cooper’s journey to stardom. For the past two years, we have been striving to provide that same well-respected education to a new generation of gamers, photographers, event and media lovers.
We are now looking for a Learner Support Worker to provide support, advice and guidance to vulnerable, “At Risk” learners with identified support needs and educational, health care plans at our Manchester centre. The learner's needs are varied and we are looking for someone who can support with the following:
- Mental Health and Well-being
- Behavioural difficulties
This highly interactive role involves supporting and mentoring students to develop their studying and group work skills, as well as helping them build self-esteem and confidence. As a good relationship builder, you will work closely with your colleagues to continually provide feedback on your student’s progress and assist them in creating lesson plans inclusive of effective support strategies.
The ideal candidate will have.....
- Qualified to at least Level 3 (A Level).
- Hold a minimum of Level 2 qualification (GCSE) in English and Mathematics.
- Hold a Coaching / Mentoring /Teaching or Youth Work qualification.
- Training in supporting autistic learners would be of a distinct advantage.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience of working or volunteering with Young People and/or Vulnerable Adults with autism.
- Good levels of Maths and English ability.
- An awareness and understanding of issues relating to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of Young People and/or Vulnerable Adults, in accordance with current legislation.
- A good level of IT skills, including Microsoft Office packages.
- Strong coaching, mentoring and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- A flexible, creative and solution-focused approach to completing tasks.
- Empathy with Young People and/or Vulnerable Adults.
- Experience in forming and maintaining appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with Young People and/or Vulnerable Adults.
- Ability to display emotional resilience when faced with challenging behaviours.
- Experience of working within an educational setting.
- Experience of working with Safeguarding issues and concerns.
- Experience in personal caseload management.
- Experience in facilitating and/or contributing to Multi-Agency meetings.
To apply please have an up to date version of your CV ready and fill in our online application form.
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Access Creative College is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and People with Disabilities and Women.
Pro-rata to £18,006 FTE
2 months ago
Learner Support Worker