Learning & Development Specialist – Ensuring Supply
Salary circa £48,000 (depending on experience), + Bonus +Car allowance + Excellent Benefits
This role is advertised as a full-time permanent opportunity, but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs.
We are committed to creating an environment where people can work at their best. Please talk to us about how we can support you in working flexibly, whatever this looks like, in order to help you reach your full potential.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the UK&I Learning & Development Team as L&D Specialist for Ensuring Supply.This role is all about supporting our Ensuring Supply function to be the best through the design and delivery of first class learning & development solutions that help our people to perform.The scope of this role is broad. Working closely with the HR team and local leadership teams, you will be able to make a real difference by driving the development of functional skills and how we develop our leaders and teams across the function.This is not just about training. You will work across the 70/20/10 learning principles to ensure we help our people to apply learning into their roles to improve their performance and you will have the
This is a fantastic role for anyone looking to broaden their experience and with a real passion for driving people development through effective learning.
We believe that effective learning is at the heart of driving performance. Working across the NiM Ensuring supply community, the main emphasis of this role is to develop effective learning solutions that support the business priorities.This will include leveraging the best of Nestle’s global frameworks to drive functional capability within the market and developing new learning solutions in consultation with the Ensuring Supply community.Ensuring Supply is a very large people community. Therefore, a large part of this role is to support the development of the culture of Ensuring Supply through effective leadership and team development.This means you will work closely with the HR team, local leadership teams and Trade Unions to understand the culture we want to develop, and the learning needs required. You will design and deploy learning solutions with the support of local, regional and global teams as well as external partners which help our people to improve their performance.
As part of the market L&D team, you will help shape the market approach to developing our leaders and teams and will have responsibility to deploy this in the Ensuring Supply function.You will build relationships with global and regional colleagues internally to understand and maximise the use of our internal resources and you will have responsibility to manage the training budget, deciding on the best allocation of resources to meet the business needs.As well as the opportunity to make a real impact on the Ensuring Supply community, the role offers fantastic scope for personal development as you will be working closely with experts in the fields of functional capability and leadership and team effectiveness. This will give you access to a broad range of resources and the opportunity to build further on your passion for people development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Consulting with business leaders to understand the real learning needs that support our people’s performance.
- Working with teams across the Ensuring Supply function to prioritise learning gaps and develop the right learning solutions by using our existing tools and programmes or by sourcing new ones as appropriate
- Building strong relationships with global and regional stakeholders in order to maximise use of learning resources and influence direction to meet our market needs
- Providing guidance on current solutions available within Nestle globally and/or research external opportunities and solutions.
- Creating and continually reviewing learning and development solutions using 702010 methodology and adult learning principles including classroom, e-learning, digital resources, webinars, toolkits, coaching guides, collaborative / social learning experiences.
- Developing engagement in learning to drive performance across the Ensuring Supply function.
- Building external relationships in the industry to ensure we understand the best of what is out there.
As the successful candidate, you will have operations experience gained in T&P or Supply Chain, enabling you to build credibility through your understanding of the operating reality. You will have a passion for people development and a desire to build learning solutions that enable our people to perform in their roles.This role is all about building capability at an organisational level, so you will be able to think strategically, engage others and influence at all levels across the function in order to ensure our L&D strategy is fully aligned with business needs.
- You will also have a good understanding of individual leadership development and team development approaches, with some experience of supporting team development interventions.
- A basic understanding of learning theory would be an advantage, but it is not essential as we will support the successful candidate in developing this aspect of the role.
- Understanding of NCE management and leadership practices is a strong advantage.
As part of the market L&D team, you will help shape the market approach to developing our leaders and teams and will have responsibility to deploy this in the Ensuring Supply function. You will build relationships with global and regional colleagues internally to understand and maximise the use of our internal resources and you will have responsibility to manage the training budget, deciding on the best allocation of resources to meet the business needs.As well as the opportunity to make a real impact on the Ensuring Supply community, the role offers fantastic scope for personal development as you will be working closely with experts in the fields of functional capability and leadership and team effectiveness. This will give you access to a broad range of resources and the opportunity to build further on your passion for people development.
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth
The closing date for this role is 28th July 2020.
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!