Next is one of the UK’s best known high-street retailers and most established online retailers. Behind the scenes we are at the cutting edge of Warehousing and Logistics, employing more than 7000 people across eight distribution centres.
Our success is dependent on the expertise and passion of our teams across the UK. We look after over 2 million customers and it takes a large, talented and efficient operation to make that happen.
As our online success continues to grow more than 15% year on year, a multi-million pound investment plan is in place for our distribution centres so it’s an exciting time join our expanding Warehousing team.
Position: Learning and Development Specialist
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Job type: Full Time, 12 months Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
Benefits: Company bonus scheme and contributory pension; Uniform clothing allowance of £300 per season; 25% discount on Next merchandise; Up to 70% discount at our staff shops; Eligibility to join our Sharesave Scheme; Subsidised canteen; Flexibility to travel UK wide with occasional overnight stays.
About the role:
Working as part of a small, dedicated Management Development Team, we are looking for an experienced Learning & Development professional to join us and support our management team across Warehousing and Distribution to develop by providing blended learning and combining situational feedback & observation with structured learning. Practical learning and development and the transfer of learning back into the work place is fundamental to the way we operate as a function.
You will have a proven track record that combines the design, delivery and facilitation of management & leadership development. Knowledge of relevant leadership models and theories is important, however more important is the creativity to translate these into practical and relatable activities for learners in all situations.
With demonstrable experience of working with middle and senior managers you will be able to showcase how developing capability has resulted in improved performance of individuals, teams and business results.
To be successful in this role you will be pro-active about developing our talent and quickly understand how to overcome the challenges of making this happen in a fast paced 24 – 7 operation; this is not a role focused on classroom delivery. If you are a self-starter with effective feedback back and coaching skills, looking for a multi-faceted role then this could be the opportunity for you.
- Resilient &comfortable providing challenge and support to all stakeholders.
- Understand the business and be able to see opportunities to further improve the offer and impact of our team.
- Engaging as an influencer, with a consultative approach.
- Practical, pragmatic and solution focussed.
- Able to apply past experience to the current environment & culture.
- Well organised and comfortable with autonomy.
- Expertise in providing feedback and coaching that.
- Valid UK driving licence and able to travel throughout the UK with potential overnight stays.
- CIPD or coaching qualification, combined with evidence of continued professional development, and practical application.
- Experience of learning needs analysis and evaluation of ROI.
- Qualified in the use of one or more of the following psychometric tools: MBTI / WAVE / Belbin / DISC / Genos / EQI / HPTI.
We recognise the key to our success is our people. If you would like to be a part of a successful and forward thinking business dedicated to ensuring all their people are given the opportunity to reach their full potential, then we would love to hear from you.
So if you’re experienced L&D professional looking for a new challenge, why not apply today and find out ‘What’s Next?’
You may have experience of the following: Learning and Development Specialist, L&D Specialist, Learning & Development Specialist, L&D, Learning and Development, L&D Advisor, Learning & Development Advisor Learning and Development Officer, L&D Officer, Leaning and Development Administrator, L&D Administrator, Learning and Development Consultant, Training, Trainer, Coaching, Retail, Warehousing, Distribution, etc.