We are looking for an experienced, dynamic teacher to deliver our Digital Media Course.
Access Creative College is more than just a college; we are a hub for young creative entrepreneurs who are shaping the future of the creative industries.
Now in our 28th academic year and serving more than 2000 learners across our seven UK based Centres over Levels 1-5, Access Creative College has a well-established reputation for music courses. We’ve been part of Ed Sheeran, Rita Ora and JP Cooper’s journey to stardom. For the past three years, we have been striving to provide that same well-respected education to a new generation of gamers, photographers and digital media creatives.
Position: Lecturer - Digital Media
Location: Access Creative College Manchester, BS1 2LZ
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 25 hours per week
Salary: Pro-rata to £19,500 to £23,800 per annum (£13,000 to £15,867 actual) (subject to experience and qualifications)
Applications to reach us by 27th August July 2020. Please note that interviews may take place before the closing date.
About the role:
We want you to join our team of Course Leaders and Lecturers to help deliver and develop our Digital Media curriculum at our Centre in Manchester. Working with the centre team, you will take responsibility for the development and delivery of our provision, from coordinating resources and managing student activities to developing industry links and course marketing, working at the core of the student experience. You will work among experienced, passionate tutors as well as within a support service provided by our Central Team.
Our prime focus is to nurture talent, desire, and determination. We’re looking for someone who is passionate enough to want to share their knowledge and experience with active and hungry young minds.
If you have experience in the digital media industry and would relish the opportunity to develop and lead a unique and engaging curriculum and have the expertise outlined below then we are keen to meet you.
Industry-specific experience, skills and knowledge required:
- Experience of working in the Digital Media industry
- Current and relevant industry/sector knowledge
- Awareness of practices and workflow in the industry
- Extensive knowledge of digital media - digital audio/video, digital imaging, social networking, animation, web design etc
- Understanding of equality and diversity within the curriculum, barriers to learning and strategies to overcome these
- Good IT, organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A good work ethic with the ability to work under pressure, to be flexible, thorough and accurate
- A commitment to providing outstanding and inspirational service to staff and students
- A commitment to the organisation’s values, with a particular focus on student success (through excellence in teaching & learning)
- A proactive approach demonstrating an openness to change.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the subject area, syllabus requirements and appropriate teaching techniques; an awareness of requirements of awarding bodies
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanisms for the identification, assessment and support of learner needs
- Recognised teaching qualification
This role allows media professional looking for a career in teaching to enter and gain a recognised teaching qualification whilst working whilst providing a career pathway to course leader and beyond.
You will also be educated to degree level and will either hold a recognised teaching qualification or be willing to obtain one within a specified period. If you have the attitude and desire to work in a varied, dynamic environment and believe in industry-shaping vocational provision then we can guarantee you will play a key role in our success.
What can we do for you?
We can offer you financial and social support to complete a teacher training course that is transferable throughout the Further Education sector.
We can build your career through our progression channels, whether growing as a teacher and becoming a leader or moving into one of our industry-focused departments, e.g. Partnerships, Employability or Enrichment.
With Access Creative College you’ll be working daily with other extremely talented tutors providing you with opportunities to collaborate and make new connections.
We’re looking to expand our team so if you're a Digital Media specialist who is interested in teaching but this role isn't right for you, please visit our website for details to get in touch.
You may have experience of the following: Course Leader, Digital Media Lecturer, Media Lecturer, Games Lecturer, Media Tutor, Tutor, Lecturer, Media Teacher, Teacher, Gaming, Media, Creative Media, Course Manager, Senior Lecturer, Course Design, Education, Mentor, Teaching, Digital Media Industry, Digital Art, Media Course, etc.
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Access Creative College is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and People with Disabilities and Women.