£24000 per annum
21 days ago
To 31st March 2021
The role of the Legal Administration Assistant will provide general and technical administrative support to our Immigration service.
Legal Administrator Responsibilities:
• Provision of administrative support to the Immigration Team including the following:
• Assisting with Legal Aid billing
• Scanning documents, saving them to the correct file and filing physical documents
• Photocopying in order large sets of legal documents such as court bundles
• Running reports on immigration activity and outcomes
• Maintaining the Typeform partner referral system making additions and amendments as necessary
• Opening and closing files on client database (‘Inform’)
• Booking client appointments and writing confirmation appointment letters and emails
• Printing off and posting letters
• Booking interpreters for client appointments
• Meeting clients to accept or receive documents; obtaining signatures where needed
Legal Administrator Requirements:
• Ability to work on own initiative with keen attention to detail and accuracy
• Responsive approach to service needs and empathetic attitude towards clients
• Experience of office administration
• Experience of working in busy administrative environment
• Experienced in dealing flexibly with a wide range of demands whilst maintaining a warm, friendly approach
• Ability to prioritise workloads and manage expectations
• Discretion and able to maintain confidentiality
• An efficient and calm organiser
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to use a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc., to produce correspondence, documents and maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets & databases.
About The Cardinal Hume Centre:
Cardinal Basil Hume founded the Centre in 1986; we offer a diverse range of services for homeless young people, families in need and the local community on one site. The Centre enables people to gain the skills and support they need to overcome poverty and homelessness.
We have a person-focussed approach which encourages us to recognise that each human being is different with complex needs and so our response needs to be multi-layered. Therefore the organisation has six principal service packages: residential services for homeless young people; family support; housing and welfare rights advice; employment support; learning (English and digital inclusion); and immigration advice and advocacy.
The Centre takes the Benedictine ethos of our founder seriously, ensuring that we offer a non-judgemental welcome and a stable and safe environment for people in need to seek help and support.
With an annual income in the region of £3 million, there are currently 64 staff members. In addition, the Centre benefits from the generous and diverse contribution of volunteers; there are currently some 100 active volunteers.
Location: Westminster, London
Job type: Part Time, Temporary contact to 31st March 2021 (weekdays 10am – 3pm)
Salary: £24,000 per annum, pro rata
Benefits: Including pension, employee assistance programme, season ticket loan scheme, cycle scheme
Holidays: 24 days, rising to 26 after one year’s service, and 28 after two years’ service
Closing date: 20th September 2020
Interview dates: 30th Sept & 2nd Oct 2020
You may have experience of the following: Trainee Paralegal, Legal Assistant, Administrative Support, Administrator, Trainee Legal Executive, Legal Secretary, Trainee Legal Administrator, Law Graduate, Legal, Legal Administration Assistant, etc.