£22415 - £26688 per annum
4 months ago
12 months fixed term
Salary: £22,415 - £26,688 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, 12 Months Fixed Term
Location: Head Office, South Manchester
Hours: 35 per week
Benefits: Include fabulous, new, modern office environment, great pension options, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, option to buy and sell, flexi days, fantastic learning and development opportunities, savings club, cycle to work scheme and much more
About the role:
To let and manage the Association’s & Private Landlords market rent portfolio, ensuring void times are minimised, the rents achieved are maximised and the schemes are managed to a high standard.
- Develop creative, innovative and effective approaches to the marketing, letting and management of the rental portfolio and implement and maintain relevant systems / procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day lettings on a patch of properties including; the arranging of marketing, keeping website entries up to date, conducting viewings, processing applicants through referencing and credit checks, completing the tenancy sign up including the property inventory, conducting pre and post termination inspections and processing deposits through the Deposit Protection Scheme.
- Manage the day-to-day tenancy management on a patch including but not limited to; Investigating all nuisance complaints, neighbour disputes and other housing management problems including rent arrears and pursue appropriate action including enforcement measures.
- Act as a point of contact for landlords.
- Compile market research and competitor analysis in support of valuations and fees.
- Schedule and carry out periodic property inspections, instruct associated follow up works and liaise with customers where necessary.
- Ensuring responsive, planned and void repairs are of a high standard, delivered well, are within budgets and in accordance with legislative requirements.
- To undertake formal and informal consultation with customers on the services they receive.
- To work with colleagues in the production of clear means of communication with residents through traditional and current media e.g. handbooks, information leaflets, web pages, social media sites, blogs and messaging services.
- Maintain appropriate comprehensive records of residents to ensure an effective housing service.
- Visit residents in their home if required to discuss housing management or tenancy issues. Any other duties reasonably required.
- Industry recognised qualification such as NAEA, NFOPP or ARLA – or working towards.
- Experience of working within a private sector lettings or estate agency team.
- A basic understanding of the processes involved in letting a property.
- Effective ICT skills.
- Prepared to be flexible and sometimes help out outside their usual role when necessary.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional unsociable hours.
- Full driving licence and use of a car for work.
- Experience of property management.
- A sound understanding of all aspects of housing management including landlord and tenant law, tenancy enforcement and current housing issues.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques for promoting developments.
About our company:
Great Places Housing Group is not your average housing association. We are a forward-thinking, profit-for-purpose business that works hard to improve the lives of residents in our 19,000 homesacross the North West and Yorkshire.
Our work doesn’t stop at our customers’ front door. The surplus we make is invested back into the business to fund building new homes and to provide a full range of support services for some of the most vulnerable members of society including the homeless, young parents, older people and those with mental health needs.
We are extremely proud of our dedicated, passionate and friendly colleagues who live our values and work hard to make a difference every day. Working for us you will be part of something special and in return, we offer a competitive package with a range of enhanced benefits, and learning and development opportunities to help you achieve and exceed your potential.
You may have experience of the following: Lettings Negotiator, Estate Agent, Sales Negotiator, Residential Properties, Lettings Agent, Property, Lettings Officer, Residential Lettings, etc.
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.